NorCal-Error, could not load image file for terrain

I bought Orbx Norcal recently, but whenever I try to load it I get the message:IMG_7575.HEIC and I don't know how to fix it. I tried verifying files, I tried getting rid of my convert.json then verifying, and re-installing the whole scenery completely, but nothing works. I know that it's usually a storage issue, but I downloaded the scenery onto a separate disk with over 2tb of unused space and changed the install location in the menu as instructed, which is the same drive that x-plane is on (the downloader froze whenever I tried installing it to x-plane directly). It is worth noting, however, that my main disk only has 73 gb free. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, captain_logi said:

I bought Orbx Norcal recently, but whenever I try to load it I get the message:IMG_7575.HEIC and I don't know how to fix it. I tried verifying files, I tried getting rid of my convert.json then verifying, and re-installing the whole scenery completely, but nothing works. I know that it's usually a storage issue, but I downloaded the scenery onto a separate disk with over 2tb of unused space and changed the install location in the menu as instructed, which is the same drive that x-plane is on (the downloader froze whenever I tried installing it to x-plane directly). It is worth noting, however, that my main disk only has 73 gb free. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

You need to ensure that you have ALL the necessary requirements to install a True Earth addon by reading trough the linked post below. The message you are receiving is a clear indication of lack of free disk space either on the drive you have your Temp folder on (by default C drive) or the drive you want to install on.

Did you edit the new location path of where your Temp folder is in Orbx Central?

If you did all those checks before downloadng then I am not sure what the problem is. 

Clear your Temp folder, reboot and try again to install, directing Orbx Central to download to your new Library your created in your 2TB drive

3 minutes ago, captain_logi said:

I've already done that, it installed onto a new temp folder I created on that 2tb drive. If it helps, the Orbx Backups folder is also on that same drive.

Attach your Orbx Central Log available via Orbx Central/settings/help, and also your XP Log so we can see what is happening. Thanks

Then delete the backup file in case it is corrupt and uninstall the TE NorCal via Orbx Central.

Confirm that you cleared the temp folder.

For some reason, it didn't install to temp even though I told it to. Would it be possible, instead of uninstalling, to move something to the temp folder? (It installed to a folder I didn't create called Orbx Libraries). It created Temp>octemp>chunks, but there is nothing in chunks.

10 hours ago, captain_logi said:

For some reason, it didn't install to temp even though I told it to. Would it be possible, instead of uninstalling, to move something to the temp folder? (It installed to a folder I didn't create called Orbx Libraries). It created Temp>octemp>chunks, but there is nothing in chunks.

Uninstall as you say you are doing. Create a new Library and give it a name in your disk with the free space necessary .Open Orbx Central/libraries and then create the Library with the same name as you named it in your disk. Attach a pic of the path to it as in my pic No 1 & 2

What is the path to your new Temp folder? Attach a pic please like my pic No 2 which shows the location of my Temp folder via Orbx central/settings /downloader.

Pic No 1

11.thumb.JPG.b7f2a2b20c26b40246ecdb6a27a5e0e0.JPG

Pic No 2

12.thumb.JPG.ab2e2c307c0a64545ae5a02fdad2ed37.JPG

Pic No 3

13.thumb.JPG.eed8a08c50ad830375dbd99da6fde64a.JPG

Untick backups for now.

Have you named your new library in F drive "Orbx" ? If so then also enter that name in the place in your pic shows Library Name just above where you have entered the path as

F:\Orbx.

When you have done that use Orbx Central to do a download and install. When Orbx Central asks where to install to ensure you choose the Library "Orbx" that you just created.

I am unsure in some of the wording you use in your posts where you say that previous installs were going into the Temp folder. That is not where the install needs to go. It needs to go in the new Library. The Temp folder is where Orbx central will place the Download

4.thumb.JPG.cbe5660433f553ab7e3d7ff79df6efbd.JPG

Alright, following your steps and downloading it now. I've got my fingers crossed as I don't think I've ever been so eager to use an addon for x-plane. Thanks so much for all your help, it is very much appreciated! Will let you know after the install if the problem persists. If it's working, I'll mark this topic as solved.

12 minutes ago, captain_logi said:

Alright, following your steps and downloading it now. I've got my fingers crossed as I don't think I've ever been so eager to use an addon for x-plane. Thanks so much for all your help, it is very much appreciated! Will let you know after the install if the problem persists. If it's working, I'll mark this topic as solved.

Good luck:)

Archived