Forest of Trees on Taxiways at YBBN Brisbane

When I turn Orbx YBBN off in scenery library a forest of trees appear on the taxiways but not on the main runway. This does not happen at YMML. I have REX World Wide Airports installed. I bought this software because I was seeing very blurry runway and taxiway textures at YBBN and YMML. So much so that I could hardly make out the runway and taxiway centre lines. Also my frame rates were in the low 20's. Requesting help from someone with a big chainsaw.

2020-4-8_11-9-33-894.jpg

2020-4-8_13-50-2-816.jpg

2020-4-8_13-53-4-726.jpg

Hello Nick, Yes, using Australia V2, Base Pack, Vector, Trees HD plus a variety of Orbx airports and regions. No other third party scenery addons only "SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer" and addon aircraft. All Orbx scenery and Libraries are up to date and I have synchronized the simulator and ran the aerodrome elevation tool. I'll tell you how I discovered the problem. I was on the apron near a gate at YBBN in the default Mooney with Orbx YBBN ticked in the scenery library. I decided to see what the terminal building looked like with REX World Wide Airports HD that I just installed. So I unticked Orbx YBBN in the scenery library and that is when I saw the forest of trees on the apron and taxiways.

Nick, Sorry, but I can't quite understand what you mean. I have the following questions for you:

(1) What payware addon do you want me to disable?

(2) Which Australia V2 version do I have to enable?

(3) How do I enable it?

I had a look at the configuration for YBBN and the option box to activate Australia V2 terrain files has been ticked. I am confused, so could you please explain in a little more detail what I need to do? Thanks.

Rob 

Hello,

1.you stated that you had, for your own reasons, disabled "Orbx YBBN", this is a payware addon.

2. I have not asked you to disable anything.

3. When your payware addon "Orbx YBBN" is installed, the version of YBBN that is included in Australia v2 is disabled.

Because you have also disabled the payware addon, "Orbx YBBN", you have left only the default version which is being

excluded by Australia v2.

If you feel that you want to use that version instead, you must search the folder

Orbx\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY\scenery for YBBN. This will reveal four files which you should rename so

that the extension is .bgl.

If you wish to enable the payware YBBN again, you will first have to disable the four files again.

To be honest, it would be a better idea to just tick the FTXAA_YBBN scenery library entry again and look at another

airport to check your Rex textures.

Archived