Pre Sales Question

Hi

I wonder if you could answer two questions please.

1. Can I "easily" install the GB True Earth files on a hard drive labelled D: when the xplane installation is on the C: hard drive?

2. What sort of frame rate loss will I expect over the standard xplane scenery?

regards

Trevor

@Trevor-Matthews

Welcome to the forums Trevor.

1. Yes you can install the addons anywhere you want, and it would in your case be preferable not to install it to your XP installation as you have placed that on your C drive. I may add that having XP on your C drive is not the best place for it due to the restrictions that Windows places on the that drive, it being the drive that the OS resides on as well.

If you have room, I would put it on your D or another drive, but that is for you to decide. With XP it is simple to move as you just cut and paste the installation to another drive.

2. The answer is far more subjective based on your PC specs and your XP settings. TEGB addons have many Gigs of Custom POI's and overlay autogen, buildings etc and are more demanding than say an Ortho4xp version with a simple overlay or an overlay in Europe  using X-Europe.

There are bottleneck areas like London around the cir=ty that are very demanding, but everywhere else is fine.

Personally I find some densely populated areas in Default XP scenery more demanding than many areas in TEGB.

HI Jon

Many thanks for the reply.

Very interesting about where I have xplane. I have the C: SSD drive and a normal 1TB D: hard drive, which is empty other than an iso of DVD1 of xplane that I mount when xplane asks me to insert a disc for verification purposes.

I assumed as the SSD was the fastest xplane would be best there rather than the slower D: drive

Would you suggest putting xplane on to the D: drive any way?

I just realised you do a south coast demo, perhaps I should install that, I assume that would give me a fairly good idea of whether my system can cope.

I appreciate your advice.

regards

Trevor

Blimey!!!

Just moved xplane to the D: drive.

Installed the demo on the D: drive and was absolutely amazed at the scenery.

I have even managed to bump up my graphics settings even higher than normal.

I expect they will soon have to go back down again for busier areas but I am very impressed with that so far.

Looks like you have a sale or three coming in the next few days.

Archived