Micro Stutters in Orbx Southern California

I routinely fly from San Francisco (KSFO) to San Diego (KSAN) with a Lear45 in Prepar3Dv4.5.  While using Orbx Base scenery, I have never experienced any micro stuttering.  I recently install Orbx Southern California.  Now I experience between 8 - 10 micro stutters/pauses between 2 - 5 seconds each.  There are so many things about this scenery package that I really like, but the micro stuttering is becoming an issue.

I have installed several Orbx regions and several airports.  I have never had micro stutters on any of these installations.  I have tried everything that I know to do to fix this problem with no luck so far.

Has anyone else had micro stuttering with Orbx Southern California?  I would appreciate any good ideas.

Dell Alienware Computer with 500 GB SSD and 16 GB of memory

Nvidia GTX 770 Graphics Card

Orbx Base & Vector

Orbx Southern California

Orbx Southern Alaska

Orbx Central Rockies

Monument Valley & Yosemite

KSAN, KPSP, KJAC, KTEX  and KSEZ Airports

2 hours ago, scubadan said:

Nvidia GTX 770 Graphics Card

I can say this about your graphics card:  I used to have this card and flying over SCA was not a pleasant experience.  I opted for a GTX 1080 that, while not the most robust card anymore, can still handle SCA reasonably well.  In this dense area, with all of its airfields/airports and a large number of AI GA and jetliner traffic, I choose to turn down some of the settings in P3D which are fps hogs.  Long story short:  you might consider an update to your graphics card, and perhaps lower a few settings involving autogen draw distance and autogen building density, to name a couple.

Archived