LEAS Asturias Airport Texture Tearing Issue

Ams

I have created a new topic since I would like to have dedicated technical support for this issue.

I have recently purchased LEAS Asturias Airport today. Following below is order information below:

Order Information
Transaction ID: 5e88a9b55a48d
Product: LEAS Asturias Airport
Purchased at: 2020-04-04 15:38:38
Quantity: 1

I have no issues with the LEAS Asturias Airport itself as such but there is an issue of texture tearing in the vicinity and surrounding the airport. This texture tearing looks ugly and completely ruins the immersion. Please refer to the screenshots illustrating this.

I own vector as well as EU LC and I disabled this airport then flew again in the vicinity and surrounding of the airport and I did not see the texture tearing that occurs after installing this airport.

Hence the vicinity area of the scenery performs better than the payware as LEAS Asturias Airport is causing texture tearing in almost the entire area surrounding the airport.
Please note I also have video recording of the same as well. If required I can provide the same as well.

Just to be very clear I repeat the above point again: Texture Tearing is not happening by just using Orbx,Global, Vector, and Eu Landclass. 

Texture tearing is happening after installation of payware airport LEAS Asturias. If i disable this airport and fly over the same are again I do not see this issue happening.

Secondly, Just to make sure other sceneries are not causing this I have disabled all other sceneries and only enable Global Vector, EU LC and this airport.

I can also share my scenery.cfg file if required.

Please note: If you look closely in the last 3 screenshots almost the entire area is breaking up completely. 

Please help !!!!

lx5CNIH.jpg

Vdrd06V.jpg

HIfJOcX.jpg

6OKT21K.jpg

rXEzffC.jpg

85Nc359.jpg

R50g3Ee.jpg

6fdobWO.jpg

96rVVak.jpg

1jLwAG4.jpg

Hey,

Ok now I see what you are talking about.

That just seems to be your landclass & terrain loading which is fully natural. As far as I could see in the video the textures just get updated from lower resolution to higher when getting closer, which is a completely normal. If there is more to load for the system then it's of course also natural for the loading to take more time for the system.

If you find this unbearable I would advice you to lower your P3D & Vector settings to take some load off the system. You can also try unticking the features for LEAS as it might save up some on the loading.

Cheers,

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your reply. As suggested I have turned off most of the options in vector. The only item ticked in vector is Highways. I have unticked all the features for LEAS.

I have reduced the P3D settings also (Autogen to Normal, Mesh complexity to 5m and Autogen scenery draw distance to Medium). Still no luck.

I have a MSI 2080 TI with intel I9700k processor overclocked to 4.8ghz.

Honestly, speaking keeping all of the highest settings as it is I do not see the same issues after disabling the airport.  But enabling the airport causes the issue in all areas surrounding it. 

Since the autogen and world objects are the same the load on the system is also the same. If that would be the case I should have seen the same behavior even without the airport, but I do not see that. I do feel that the textures included in the airport are overlapping the scenery textures but I cannot verify that. Hence I seek your help.

Its almost un-flyable in the vicinity area of the airport no matter what I try. The only solution for me is to disable the airport no matter the vector, scenery features or p3d settings.

Thanks,

Aman M

I did a quick test on some random addon airports this morning to see if i have a similar experience and i get that loading issue on every single one of them, including LEAS, sometimes less sometimes more, sometime depending on the speed of the aircraft or complexity of LC and terrain.

But to be honest this is nothing i view as an issue, its simply p3d more or less. 
Maybe someone else reading this knows how to get around that, otherwise there are probably a few threads at the official prepar3d forum.

Hi Marcus,

Thanks again for the quick responses. Appreciate it.

Yes, I do understand what you are saying. Just wanted to bring to your notice. I did a bit more investigation and poking around with this issue.

I went into the LEAS scenery folder, and there I say one file named "LEAS_Mesh_5m.bgl". I just randomly thought this could be an elevation issue related to MESH and i turned this file to .OFF, then reloaded the sim to LEAS. I did find some elevation issues around the airport, but nothing out of place. It was all good.

Then I started flying in the vicinity areas of the airport and then realized, 90% of the texture tearing issues are gone. I simply did not see the texture tear happening after turning off this single file.

Turning this file on back again, brings back the same texture tearing issues. Hence my conclusion is somehow this mesh file is interfering with the mesh of the scenery in the vicinity.

I am not sure what impact this mesh file would have on the nearby mountains included in the scenery, as I havent tested that, but for sure turning this file off has got rid of the texture tearing issue in the surrounding scenery.

Can you please independently test this from your end as well and see if you are able to replicate what I am stating here?

Regards,

Aman M

Hey Aman,

That makes sense that it could be adding to the loading issue. It's probably because it is a very highly detailed mesh, 5m resolution.

It also takes care of some of the flattening around the airport, but if you find it worth it having it disabled to get rid of the texture/terrain loading, then of course that could be a solution for you.

There is not that much to do on our end of for this, the terrain file needs to be there, especially for users not having any mesh addons at all and it contains some of our airport flattens. If we lower the resolution it can be overridden by other mesh addons that even if lower in scenery hierarcy.

But as I said, if you find the terrain anomalities ok then there probably shouldnt be any huge issues having it disabled.

Cheers,

Marcus

Archived