Orbx Press Release - 7th September 2007

John Venema

This press release went out to major FS media outlets yesterday:

Orbx Simulation Systems, the makers of the ground textures for hugely popular VOZ freeware series are poised to make a major announcement on October 1st. Orbx has spent the last few months on initial development of 1m/pixel ground terrain products for FSX, and have posted many preview screenshots on their forums at http://orbxsystems.com

Orbx will be announcing a major expansion of their product line and distribution strategy, and will provide details of integration with stunning new technologies which promise to take the realism of flight simulation to a whole new level.

This exciting news for simulation users will not only be welcome by fans of flying in Australia, but across the entire globe.

John Venema, Orbx Managing Director said today; "We've been absolutely thrilled by the level of fidelity we are seeing in FSX, and this is due mainly to the investment we've made in licensing 15cm per pixel aerial photos to use as the base for all our products. This is not satellite grabs from a PC, but real photos taken by professional aerial imagery suppliers. It changes the game completely, and Microsoft's FSX engine does a superb job of rendering ground terrain that literally looks like the real thing, even at 500 feet above the ground."

John continues, "The development team is really excited by our alpha testing results, and code has this week been shipped to the beta testing team who are full steam ahead on testing and feedback. I am sure our announcement will bring a lot of great buzz to the flight simulation community right around the world. We can't wait to reveal our plans in more detail!"

Orbx Simulation Systems Pty. Ltd. is a 100% Australian owned company with headquarters in Melbourne.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John,

I have just forked out $250.00 for VFR Photographic Scenery over all of England. I hope it works as good as it says?

But then I have just read that your VOZ PRO is set for release on October 1. Have I wasted my money on VFR?

I am using VOZ 1.5 and find the scenery heaps better than the MS default in FS9. Can't wait to get my hands on your

new product. It sounds fantastic.

Regards

Hank.

P.S.  Have just joined your forum today

Hi John,

Me again.... In one of your earlier anwers you mention FSX  SDK... what is SDK?

I have FSX and the update installed, but for some reason I still prefer FS9 using

VOZ 1.5 for my flights. 

I am having problems controling my TrackIR program in FSX. In FSX the movement

relates to all the view windows, not just virtual cockpit like it does in FS9.

It becomes confusing when you're in an outside view.

Regards

Hank

Hi John Venema,

Looked at the demo shots that your company has created. WOW WOW WOW.  Roll on next week!!!! It is just unbelievable what your team has achieved. I'll be forking out the dollars for this product. Good to see an Aussie Company bringing this realism to the whole flight sim world. Wishing you every success. I'm sure you won't need it.

Regards

Hank

It would be nice if a beta came out today.. I have my wallet ready. This looks amazing and depending on the quality of the moorabin area currently, looks like it could cut ages off my flight training (I need better practice working out where I am)

Archived