Elliot Needham

Random Orbx South Crashes 

Whenever I am flying it works and looks great however every hour or so I get random crashes in different places. It says an error message about missing .dll files, However it will work fine in the same place once and I will go back later and it will crash randomly. Any ideas? Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, Elliot Needham said:

Random Orbx South Crashes 

Whenever I am flying it works and looks great however every hour or so I get random crashes in different places. It says an error message about missing .dll files, However it will work fine in the same place once and I will go back later and it will crash randomly. Any ideas? Thanks. 

After one of these crashes, you need to attach a copy of your XP Log file which is located in your XP Directory as in the pic below.

To attach it as txt file just drag it into the box you see in your reply which says

Drag files here to attach, or choose files.

1.thumb.JPG.372214ae15307b2db8763d1e002d72cd.JPG

Error, could not locate image file for terrain
0:47:15.079 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/ac80xfc70x17M.ter
0:47:15.079 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/
0:47:15.079 E/SYS: | ../textures/ac80xfc70x17.dds
0:47:15.079 E/SYS: | (REN_terrain.cpp:168)

OK your log file is showing that your installation of TEGB South was incomplete and the error usually refers to a lack of free disk space when doing the download /extract/and install.

I posted a guide as to what is needed to be checked prior to a True Earth installation. Please ensure that you meet ALL the requirements. It may well require a new download and install. Prior to that though you should use Orbx Central to uninstall TEGB South and then reboot your PC. Then do the recommended actions and checks prior to a new download/install effort.

Here is the link:

Archived