Real Earth Files vanishing

cbcdesign

Hi.

I am having a problem which is really peculiar and frankly intensely irritating. For two weekends in a row now I have started flights, crossed a boundary into another Orbx UK region to be confronted with Laminar scenery, not real earth. When I check my drive and folders, the lack of scenery is explained by a completely empty Orbx region folder.

This only happens on Orbx product so what on earth is happening? Why are swathes of files being apparently vanishing from the Orbx library? I have never used your products before, never tried trial versions and have never installed pirate copied either. I had never heard of Orbx until December when I purchased UK South.  

Something strange is happening and I am fed up with having to re-download and install the product. 

Any ideas?

Sounds like your installations are not complete. Files won't disappear, they probably were not there to start with.

Check where your Temp folder is because that is where downloads will go. It is normally on your C drive so you need to make sure you have enough room on your C drive to download and extract the download files, which will be normally twice the size of the download.

You then need to ensure you have enough free space on the drive you want to install the addon to if it is a different drive than the download drive.

I don't know your Disk details regarding free space etc so you need to tell me then we can go from there but I suggest you create a new Temp folder on the drive that you have lots of free space on. We ca go into that when you have provided me with the requested details of your drives and free space.

Hi Jon.

I have re-installed and all files are now there. Its very odd but the central folder was empty, all files and sub folders gone. I had a similar issue last weekend, all North files gone and I had to re-install. This time I am trying a different drive. The files were there, I was flying around Bristol just two days ago.

Archived