Starting FSX

chumley

I would like to be able to start my next session at the point where my last one finished. I recall being able to set the default flight to pick this information but I'm stuffed if I can remember how this is done. Begiining of creeping old age? - Galloping more like  ;D

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Andy b

There is a checkbox that you can tick when saving a flight ("Make this my default flight").

But I wouldn't recommend it, because the aircraft configuration of the saved default flight affects the behaviour of any aircraft, even if you start a brand new flight, which can cause problems with some payware aircraft that have deeper system modelling.

Instead, I recommend saving your flight to the same normal savegame after each flight and putting a shortcut to that savegame on the desktop or pinning that shortcut to the taskbar/quickstart bar. FSX savegames are linked to FSX in Windows, so all you need to do is doubleclicking that shortcut or the savegame itself and FSX loads that flight immediately without going to the menu first.

You can find the savegames in the default "Documents/Flight Simulator X Files" folder.

This sounds to me like you just need to select the "Previous Flight" from the list found on my computer using win7 in the ..documents/Flight Simulator X Files/Previous Flight.FSSave.  No need to save the flight, FSX automatically saves the current flight if you make a normal shutdown.  It should be near the top of the list.  A double click and after the loading delay you are back where you left off.

RayM

Archived