Problem installing all of the XP11 TrueEarth sceneries

I just purchased all of the TrueEarth GB sceneries and Northern California

They all downloaded and appeared to be ready for use by XP.

However none of the four files could be verified. Every single file was in error.

When I ran XP and located the aircraft at a major UK airport, XP crashed with an error message saying that just one .ter and one .dds file were missing, the ones relevant to the part of the GB scenery, in this case EGLC from GB South

I installed the scenery on an i7 PC with a 2TB drive so there is plenty of disk space.

For an expensive investment this is very disappointing. I never had any problems like this for my FSX sceneries from Orbx.They all download and update seamlessly from Orbx Central.

I would like to find out how I can fix this problem.

I saw some solutions on previous posts but they refer to old versions of Orbx Central. None of them worked, especially since I do not want to edit any of the downloaded files.

Thanks

Rachel

Order #1901-4902. 25 March 2020

@rachelann46 Sorry to hear about your problems.

There are several things I need from you in order to see what the problem is. 

Please attach the following after you have chosen a flight in the TEGB area:

The XP Log file located within the XP directory.

A pic of the message you are receiving in the top right corner of your screen when flight loading has finished. This is if XP hasn't crashed yet.

A copy of your Orbx Central log located in:

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log

• Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

• You can also find it in Central on the Settings page, under Help

Going by what you say the the error message is regarding missing dds files, it is almost certain to be an issue regarding free disk space. The installation disk space for those 4 addons is around 650GB. What disk space is showing as free in your 2TB drive with all the new, non working addons, installed albeit not working?

Did you try and install all in one go, as in one after the other? 

We will sort this out but I will need your feedback as requested to start seeing where the problem lies

Archived