i7 950 tech question?

timmo32

hi guys just wanted to know if my settings are correct for a overclocking,my current settings are 3.78 gig overclock,v/core 1.28v,is anybody getting a stable overclocking with those settings,ram is 6 gig corsair 1.65v 1600 mhz ,my flightsims freezes at any settings higher then wat i have set to here,my temp under full load 65 degrees,main question is v/core settings if anyone can help,thanks heaps.

I'm running an i7-930 @ 4.2 GHz with vcore of 1.30, so 3.8 @ 1.28 should be about right, and could probably go to 1.27 or even 1.26... Have you confirmed that your RAM is stable at this overclock (use Memtest86)?

hi there i just checked the v/core volts it is 1.29v i thought it was less,question is that to much volts for 3.7 gigs?

Easy solution to your question. If its rock solid at the current voltage, bump your vCore down is small increments (.025v or so at a time) and see it if boots. If it does, run a stress test using P95 or LinX or OCCT. If that's stable chances are you're good to go. Keep doing that until the overclock fails (becomes unstable), then bump it up one (two if needed) notch and test again.

At least, that's how I usually go about OCing, give it lots of juice, set the speed at what I think it can do and work backwards to a sensible voltage. Just take your time and be patient.

thanks for your helpfull advice it seems stable so far at the setting ,one more question ,because im new to the overclocking world,in the v/core section it displays the volt setting ,next to that figure its saying auto,is that right?for most of the settings arround that area it saying auto,well just wanted to know about why its saying auto next to the v/core cpu voltage and if thats incorrect wat would you think it should be selected too cheers.

Archived