Orbx Africa LC looking for ideas...

Slick9

hi all, i purchased a DGAA (Kotokoa Airport in Ghana) from Sim Markets and installed it over the Orbx Africa LC, it looks great with the exception of the SE end of the airport where some of the default airport LC is still showing.  i also had   i opened up Orbx Central and ran the AEC tool and that fixed the elevation issues, but the default LC still bleeding through wasn't fixed.  I then used Airport Designer to search for the default AFCAD, i found it and moved it out of the sim to my desktop, and then i changed the file type to .xxx, but the problem still persists. I also used the tool airport scanner to look for any additional DGAA AFCADs that coulb causing the problem, but it didn't find anything.  I checked my scenery library and i tried with the DGAA scenery being higher than and lower than the Orbx Africa LC, didn't make a difference.   Anyway does anyone have any ideas of some other things i might try to cure this issue?  thnx in advance for any thoughts.

richard

IMG_0107.jpg

It looks like you have an airport background polygon still active, that your 3rd party airport isn't excluding.  I'm assuming it's a default airport, but check your Orbx folders (particularly Vector) for any files named "ABP_DGAA.bgl" and disable those and check.

If it's a stock airport, load it up in ADE and follow the first few instructions here (https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive.com/s/help_docs/m/20268/l/331650-how-do-i-remove-a-stock-airport-from-the-sim) to remove the airport background.

1 hour ago, Sabretooth78 said:

It looks like you have an airport background polygon still active, that your 3rd party airport isn't excluding.  I'm assuming it's a default airport, but check your Orbx folders (particularly Vector) for any files named "ABP_DGAA.bgl" and disable those and check.

Sabretooth78 - thnx much for your advice, it cured my ills!!    one word of caution to anyone who has this issue.  i tried using the search function on the taskbar of Win10 to search my whole machine and it didn't find anything.  I had to go to my Orbx Library File (using the Orbx linked files method), in that file i executed a search and then i was able to find the ABP_DGAA.bgl file.

Richard

Archived