Pnw Ferries and trafficBoats. bgl question

Hello,

Why does this installation disable the default Trafficboats.bgl, ?

Do I need to uninstall this Pnw Ferries addon if I "fly" outside the region?

Thanks in advance

Go to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery and rename the file trafficBoats.bgl.disabled-by-pnw_ferries back to trafficBoats.bgl

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

On 3/26/2020 at 11:28 PM, Emile139 said:

Why does this installation disable the default Trafficboats.bgl, ?

I'm sorry I missed this;  I think I catch everything in the Freeware forum, but I miss things in the payware forums on occasion. 

The User Guide gives the rationale for disabling the default boat traffic file and it is done automatically by Orbx Central upon installation. Please read the UG because it's probably better written than this on the fly account. The whole idea of the Pacific Northwest Ferries is to replace the default AI boats in the scenery area with authentic models but otherwise leave default traffic unchanged. The only practical way to do this is to disable the default traffic file and replace it with a modified one. As per the User Guide, the replacement file, located within the product files to avoid confusion, does this. It also modifies some routes within other Orbx product scenery areas.

If the default traffic file is not disabled, and you have the Pacific Northwest Ferries active, the sim will do just what it is told to do and you will have duplicate boats. 

There are more details on this subject in the User Guide if you need more information, including issues that can result for users that had the old blog version of the ferries.

Cheers, 

Archived