Does Florida HD include the SD version?

I recently purchased the Florida HD scenery, and while it looks great, I may want to use the lower resolution SD scenery to get better frame rates and perhaps switch back and forth for sightseeing or flying smoothly.

First, does the hd version include the sd scenery? How can I switch back and forth? I don't mind moving files around and creating temporary folders to hold the different versions.

Do you need my transaction number?

Thanks, Mike

You have free of charge access to the SD version when you purchase the HD version. However, you can only have one version installed at a time.. You would need to uninstall via Orbx Central the HD version and then download and install the SD version, again via Orbx Central

4 hours ago, mikegg@comcast.net said:

I tried it but I'm not sure frame rates improved any. I'm still experimenting.

The SD version only has lower image resolution, 2048 vs 4096 in the HD version. The Custom and Overlay files are exactly the same in content. It is normally the Custom and Overlay files that are the most resource demanding so you will not see any change of significance in fps without lowering some settings in XP. What you will get is a much quicker loading time and much less disk space required. Obviously there will be slightly less effort required by your GPU to portray 2049 textures than 4096.

The big fps hitters in XP are on the GPU side Texture Quality, HDR and AA., and on the CPU side World Objects and reflections. 

Archived