Gysbert

Gysbert

Please provide more details. You say it appears in your Custom Scenery folder but is not appearing when you choose a flight in the area covered by TEGB South. Is that correct?

Please attach your scenery_packs.ini as it may be that the addon is being masked by other addons overiding it, due to incorrect layering in the scenery_pack. Are the 3 TEGB South files directly placed under Global Airports in the scenery_pack? If not then move them there in the  sequence of A Custom/B Overlay/C Orthos.

Then see if it works OK

Thanks very much. I have done as you suggested and it appears to have worked. The problem was that the 3 TEGB files were not placed under Global Airports in the scenery pack. As I am new to this game please excuse a stupid question but how do I know that I am actually flying over TEGB scenery? Old Warden looks like advertised TEGB scenery but London City  Air-Port and surrounds definitely not! 

Show me a pic of what you are seeing over London from about 2000ft so i can also see the surrounding area. I will then know if you are seeing default or TEGB South scenery. EGLC London City airport in TEGB South is the default XP version. There are no  airport enhancements in the TE series.

Also attach your scenery_packs.ini so I can check it out.

Sorry but the pics are too dark to see anything. You need to take a pic in sunlight around midday summer and looking down. To take a screenshot press P to pause  the sim, then on the top taskbar open File, and you will see the option to take a screenshot. Click on that. To find the screenshot open your XP directory and look in the folder called Output where you will find it. See pic 1.

I also need your scenery.pics.ini as an attachment and not a pic. Top get that open up the Custom Scenery folder and drag it to here as in pic 2.

Also drag your screenshot the same way:

Pic 1:

1830814315_InkedC-5-2020-03-1418_32.55_LI.thumb.jpg.4b985938e5ee830d8dedfbcb92008e00.jpg

Pic 2:

Capture.thumb.JPG.159111f41d238f7af4a3b0e1e33daa19.JPG

I forgot to add that what i can see in your pic is that World Objects setting is not on Max as it should be for best results. Also move the 3 TEGB South files to just below Global Airports in the scenery_packs.ini.

How was TEGB installed? Orbx Central would not have put those files where they are currently

I confirm 2 points here:

1. The ground images are TEGB South

2. The layering placement of the scenery_packs.ini is wrong but I attach a corrected copy fop#r you to put into your Custom Scenery folder. Delete/remove the current one prior to placing the new one in the folder. Make sure you keep World Objects at Maximum, if your PC can take it. Otherwise you will not get  as much of the detail that is offered in TEGB South.

scenery_packs.ini

Thanks very much. This is much better with the file you Supplied. The only thing I noticed is that when I took off the system warned me that the rendering options were set too high but the rest of the flight on those settings were fine. Anyway I’m most grateful to you for your time and effort. I have since downloaded the London City airport scenery from Orbx and it’s great!   

1 hour ago, Gysbert said:

Thanks very much. This is much better with the file you Supplied. The only thing I noticed is that when I took off the system warned me that the rendering options were set too high but the rest of the flight on those settings were fine. Anyway I’m most grateful to you for your time and effort. I have since downloaded the London City airport scenery from Orbx and it’s great!   

The rendering options notifications are due to the limitations of your hardware. Orbx EGLC is also very demanding on top of the demands made in the London area in TEGB South with all the autogen/buildings/objects etc.

Archived