Extremely low FPS

Hi am needing help on my Orbx True Earth products. I have North Cali, Washington, Oregon and All of Great Britain. I am having problems with very low fps. Not just in the area where the scenery is installed but on all of X Plane. With Orbx I have 25 fps. Without I have 45 to 60+. My Pc specs. Gtx 1070 OC, I7-8750H, 32gb DDR4 Samsung M.2 970Evo SSD. I hope you can help! Thanks. 

8 hours ago, VacMaster1991 said:

Hi am needing help on my Orbx True Earth products. I have North Cali, Washington, Oregon and All of Great Britain. I am having problems with very low fps. Not just in the area where the scenery is installed but on all of X Plane. With Orbx I have 25 fps. Without I have 45 to 60+. My Pc specs. Gtx 1070 OC, I7-8750H, 32gb DDR4 Samsung M.2 970Evo SSD. I hope you can help! Thanks. 

Certain areas of the TE series are high resource demanding and therefore sometimes a general XP setting will perform differently  depending where you are in the scenery.

TE South near London for example is extremely demanding versus flying around Glasgow or Cardiff.

There are several fps impact settings that can be used to reduce the loss of fps so please pos a pic of your XP settings.

There will be no "one setting cures all" unless you start to use something similar to:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/43281-3jfps-wizard11/

The problem is that my GPU and CPU usage don't increase when I'm in an Orbx area! I know they are resource demanding but they don't use anymore CPU or GPU than stock X Plane. I think its just that the scenery is not optimized well. Ortho 4Xp and X Europe run fine. 50+ fps. Even over highly dense areas. 

10 hours ago, VacMaster1991 said:

The problem is that my GPU and CPU usage don't increase when I'm in an Orbx area! I know they are resource demanding but they don't use anymore CPU or GPU than stock X Plane. I think its just that the scenery is not optimized well. Ortho 4Xp and X Europe run fine. 50+ fps. Even over highly dense areas. 

The huge difference in the TE series versus default and in particular ortho4xp lies in the enormous amount of Overlay and Custom POI files which contain lots of autogen buildings, objects and millions of carefully placed trees. A good example is that the ortho4xp generated overlay file for Colorado, via Forkboy, is under 180MB.

The overlay for Orbx TE Oregon is over 1.5GB.

The fps issue is very subjective and relies very much on a persons hardware specs and xp settings, screen resolution etc.

I am unsure if a lack of optimisation is necessarily the cause of your issue.

Archived