Just crawling out from under a rock...is the upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit versions of my Orbx software free of charge?

My dang PC would not die, so I've been using a 6.4 y/o sys w/ P3D 3.4, telling myself when the box dies I'll go to v4.x then.  Well, the box didn't die but I just built its replacement so am considering finally moving to v4.x.  I've not been plagued very much by OOMs, but that is mostly because of workarounds to prevent them (shorter flights, less complex sceneries, etc), but now w/ the new build I will be better able to run more complex settings.

I am invested in quite a few FTX regional sceneries for 32-bit.  Do I have to pay an upgrade fee to get to 64 bit versions of FTX Nor Cal, and the other 10 or so regions I own, or are they free of charge?  I'm not going to want to pay much at all if anything for upgrades w/ MSFS coming out sometime, so if that's the case i'll just install P3D 3.4 in the new build and be happy.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2020 at 9:31 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

if your Orbx products are also available in P3D v4 versions, you can install them free of charge.

Congratulations on managing to mention "MSFS" in a completely unrelated topic.

Thank you for the useful information.  And congratulations on your not connecting the relationship between MSFS' pending release to whether or not paying to update P3D scenery makes financial sense for me, the OP---it takes some special ability to be able to miss something so obvious.

Archived