some random shots -- sunshine

sightseer

I love a bright sunny day.  clear skies always make me feel better.

here are some random shots.  the first ones have the best 'sunshine' effect

in my opinion. 

FTXAU YHBA

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

FTX PNW

Posted Image

AU again

Posted Image

PNW. between Rangers Station and Orcas

Posted Image

almost to KONP

Posted Image

Guest J van E

I love a bright sunny day.  clear skies always make me feel better.

here are some random shots.  the first ones have the best 'sunshine' effect

in my opinion. 

Ah, sunshine...! I also like bright sunny days but somehow FSX never gives me that bright sunny day feeling... When it comes to sunny pictures I always immediately see what's a real picture and what's a screenshot. Don't know what it is exactly: shadows, color... The HDR addon helps a lot, but still... real sunny days are still a thing of the future in FS... I've been longing for a real sunny day in FSX for years!

Nice shots nonetheless.  ;)

EDIT:

Take a look at the shots in this topic, specially the ones with the airplane on the airstrip: if only we could get that sun in FSX...!

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=20833.0

Holger - thanks :) -- its always nice to have a positive comment from one of the creators.

otterspotter - thanks .

J -  thanks for the link.  having sunlight like is in that one pic would be the ultimate.  I made a comment on your 'inthe mood' thread about lighting and such. 

One of the shortcomings of FSX that I see is that you simply cannot have really dark shadows with everything else being really bright.  The indirect lighting pixel (shadow --pixel one)  in the sky texture has too much control.  but thats what they did.  maybe the next version.

I could be wrong though. I dont know what several of the lighting pixels do.  I suspect pixels 3 and 4 are DX10 lighting.  Pixel 5 has a mind of its own but it does have an effect (significant at times).  That colored bar in the texture is a mystery to me.  too bad theres not a reference.

Archived