Aircraft Shadows Missing on Taxiways and Runway @ NZGS

I reported this issue some time back and it never got resolved. So, recently with great determination I decided I would try and get to the bottom of it. I tried all sorts of .off mixes and finally sorted it. I have had to turn off ade_ftx_nzni_nzgs_cvx.bgl in ftx_nz/ftx_nzni_05_scenery. I have a similar problem at a couple of other Orbx airports so will track these down now and see if I can fix them as well. It is nice to see the aircraft shadows showing on the tarmac surfaces again - not just on the grass.

Bernie

I had that the Lighting/Shadows ticked for months now. Most Orbx airports work just fine but a few including Gisborne just missed shadows on the hard surfaces. Grass was fine. You tried to assist me some months back with this and it just would not go away. Anyway what I did above has worked for me and if others have the issue and they try the Lighting help above and it does not work they can always try what I have done. One can always change it back if it doesn't work.

Thanks again

Bernie

It is the Payware one Nick. The one I changed was the included one in NZNI. It has been a minor annoyance for me for a long time. I think there is one in Aus that is the same but I cannot remember which one it is (I have so many Orbx airports).When I come across it again (if I do) I shall report. Thanks again for your dedicated help!!

Bernie

Archived