How to combine Orbx Northern California with Ortho4XP California

atosser

Hello pilots,

I just bought Orbx Northern California. I already have Ortho4XP installed for California including the San Francisco HD ortho files, plus for each I had to add tiles into the yOrtho4XP overlays folder.

I am wanting to use Orbx Northern California without losing the Ortho4XP tiles for the southern part of the state if at all possible. Having noted the tiles that Orbx covers, can I just go in and delete these in the yOrtho4XP_Overlays folder? Do I have to also do this in the z_ortho_California and .._CA_San_francisco_hd folders? I see there's an Earth nav data folder in there, so if I delete the dsf files pertaining to the ones I want Orbx scenery to display, would that solve this problem?

This was not a problem for either Washington or Oregan because I could remove those entire states (although I didn't get around to picking out the individual tiles from the yortho4xp folder on those occasions, and maybe I should probably do that.

Just wondering if what I'm proposing above would work, or what a better solution would be, to allow both Orbx CA and Ortho4XP CA to work together somehow (without losing one or the other). Many thanks

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 3.07.37 pm.png

• 2 months later...

If you have the storage space, you can also make certain that your own Ortho4XP creations are BELOW your Orbx content and then the Orbx scenery will be displayed in the sim until it ends at which point you’ll begin seeing and using your own scenery.

Steve

Archived