Brown Water in Pacific Ocean

Greetings All,

After updating to the new Orbx Central, all bodies of water are a terrain-looking green-brown (see jpg, a 'top-down' view after taking off from KSFO on 28R. This green-brown 'block of terrain will follow me all the way across the Pacific!).

I've tried 'syncing', I've tried ticking the 'previous version' box, I've tried all (all) of the settings in Libraries. No joy. Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Bell, Sr.

IMG_2278.jpg

Hi

Please 

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date, and I would do a verify files of them from within Orbx Central.

Then (if you haven't already) You will need to go to settings/Libraries and create a new Library in a location of your choosing, this is required for the installation of ObjectFlow for Orbx Central, then it will be installed and use 7mb of space in that new folder, and everything will work properly. You do not need to use this folder for anything else, Orbx Central will then give you the choice to install your products to that folder or to the root simulator folder.

I would then go to settings/help and run the Sync Simulator function.

Then you can go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Hello Again Doug,

I tried all of the above, but still no joy. Attached are some screen shots showing my config pages. Please let me know if you require anything else to diagnose. I am fairly adept at this stuff, but I admit to being stumped on this one.

Oh, one critical observation - all Orbx products worked just fine until the new Orbx Central upgrade.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Bell

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

Hi Doug,

I did the verify files in Vector - still no joy.

Interestingly, the folder where it shows Vector is installed is not the new, separate folder I created while following your initial instructions. Do I need to press the "Migrate to Library" button?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

pbell ORBX screenshot 030320.JPG

6 hours ago, BellFamily7 said:

Do I need to press the "Migrate to Library" button?

No, please do not do that.

Instead, Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Hi Doug,

Gotcha - I did not press the Migrate button. Attached please find the requested files, I've included all files by the names asked for, but some are not from the LHM folder, but I designated in the file name where I found them.

Thanks!

Patrick

scenery.cfg scenery_add-ons.xml add-ons from ProgramData LockheedMartin folder.cfg add-ons from App Data Roaming folder.cfg scenery.cfg.backup-orbx scenerylib_US_KCGX.cfg scenerylib_NA_CRM.cfg

OK, I deleted those and rebooted.

Then, I tries taking off from KMIA (as that is not a FlightBeam Airport as was KSFO). Sadly, same result - brown terrain/water in the Atlantic plus, what appears to be a cliff 100 miles off (see pic).

Any ideas, Doug? I really do not mind reinstalling all Orbx software if needed.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Patrick

IMG_2287.jpg

Archived