Finding Orbx in XPlane 11

Good evening, Can anybody help a novice flight simmer.

I have just down loaded and installed Orbx True Earth South England and am at a loss as to how this scenery is selected within XPlane.

On the right I see the XPlane locations menu but nothing about Orbx. How on earth do I fly in this beautiful scenery.

It took 9 hours to download and install via Orbx Central, and now I cant find a way to set the scenery going. I know its going to be easy but I just cant see it.

If some kind soul would give me some clues, it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Les Lewis

2 hours ago, Les Lewis said:

Good evening, Can anybody help a novice flight simmer.

I have just down loaded and installed Orbx True Earth South England and am at a loss as to how this scenery is selected within XPlane.

On the right I see the XPlane locations menu but nothing about Orbx. How on earth do I fly in this beautiful scenery.

It took 9 hours to download and install via Orbx Central, and now I cant find a way to set the scenery going. I know its going to be easy but I just cant see it.

If some kind soul would give me some clues, it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Les Lewis

In the Flight Configuration option are the listed airports by ICAO. You need to choose an airport that is within the TEGB South coverage (that info is in the User Guide). So for example you could choose Exeter and that airport will be within the coverage of TEGB South. All UK airports start with the ICAO of EG.. so you can sort the airport names in the flight configuration screen to show all airports that begin with EG.

I attach a copy of the User guide so you can see the coverage area, and then you can refer to a map and fins all the airports contained within that area. All the airports in TEGB South are default XP airports. Airports by Orbx are available for the UK in the Orbx Direct Store.

orbx-gbr-south-xp11-user-guide-f1f629_2.pdf

• 1 month later...

Sorry Jon, I have just read this as I was looking to resolve another problem. But I did eventually find that this was the case and that I needed to use airports within truearth. I do have the complete UK set now.

Perhaps you can help me with another question? Today on flying around Edingburgh Scotland I decided to try and land on one of the nearby mountains, but they just dissolve under you when coming into land, I also tried landing in the castle grounds but the same, and a crash!! Is this right that you can only land on airports or low lying ground? Is it that there scenery mesh only covers a certain area and outside that there is only ground zero.

Again thanks for your help and apologise for delay in coming back to you. Not used to this forum system.

Regards

Les Lewis

2 hours ago, Les Lewis said:

Sorry Jon, I have just read this as I was looking to resolve another problem. But I did eventually find that this was the case and that I needed to use airports within truearth. I do have the complete UK set now.

Perhaps you can help me with another question? Today on flying around Edingburgh Scotland I decided to try and land on one of the nearby mountains, but they just dissolve under you when coming into land, I also tried landing in the castle grounds but the same, and a crash!! Is this right that you can only land on airports or low lying ground? Is it that there scenery mesh only covers a certain area and outside that there is only ground zero.

Again thanks for your help and apologise for delay in coming back to you. Not used to this forum system.

Regards

Les Lewis

TEGB North doesn't have a bespoke mesh like the other 2 TEGB addons. It is default mesh. Unsure about landing on mountains, I assume in a chopper?

Hi there Jon,

You are right it's a chopper I am flying! Also noticing that flying close to trees shows that they are 2D ie flat objects.

Overall pleased with Orbs but sometimes looks odd close up. Probably worse for chopper flyers as we do get close up and personal, when flying.

Thanks for your responses.

Regards

Les Lewis

Archived