Slow to Load HD Florida Scenery

EpicAviation

Good Morning,   I am trying to find out if there is anything that can be done to help speed up the loading time it takes to load X-Plane 11 after installing the HD Florida Scenery.   

We are working on a project that we would like to have certified at a later date, but the slow load time is a concern.

Thanks

There are several posts on this forum regarding the apparent slow loading time and it is due to the amount of "objects" there are compared to other TE addons and the fat your version is HD and over 130GB of data. It also very much depends on what kind of Disk you have installed it on. With a SSD it is much quicker than on a HDD and that is quicker than on an external HD. It is basically the read/write capabilities of the disk. Also note that the HD version will take much longer to load and also the Texture Quality setting in XP will play a part in the loading time.

I use the SD version which loads really quite fast in comparison to the HD version and IMHO looks just as good at 1800ft+ as the HD with higher graphics settings than I could use with the HD version. My PC specs are in my signature below.

Archived