Regards from the Klinaklini estuary

Maloney

We were driven out of the Alsek River Dry Bay by the "death" of FS9. We moved low & slow down the coast, crossed high mountains and landed on too small sand bars. We spent countles nights at high mountain lakes, river shores and snowy fields. We emptied the tanks of our Cubs, Scouts and Cessnas many times and sometimes, we screwed up.

We drank our last bottle down ...

We're finally here: The mighty Klinaklini River estuary at the head of Knight Inlet.

I'm far from having seen all the beauty of the NA Blue addon. The sheer vastness of the area prevent me from exploring it with my Piper Cub in a few days. But from what i've seen so far, the Klinaklini River, its valley and glaciers are probably the most beautyful scenery i've encountered in FS. Flying low above the trees along the river through the valley is pure joy, climbing up to the Silverthrone Icefield makes me feel like being there for real.

It is indeed the place to settle down, far away from noisy airports, highways and smoking stacks. So we decided to build our new home on a island in the Klinaklini estuary, which has just the space between the trees to land our small planes.

Posted Image

[img width=973 height=700]http://idisk.mac.com/westwoodinn/Public/Bilder/WWInn2.gif

My thanks goes to all developers, freeware or payware. Whithout them our hobby would be nonexistent. You folks at orbx, you extend FSX's shelf life for years to come with this addon.

Regards from (real-life) Switzerland,

Guest bliksimpie

Welcome and just wanna say thank you for your repaints for the cub. That is absolutely brilliant and have given me hours of pleasure in my cub.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the nice comments. I'm really enjoying myself in the pacific northwest.

@alan2: Yes, i built them by myself (FSDS 3.5), and no, there is no public D/L at the moment. Note: "at the moment" ...;)

If i get the hang on that Abacus FSDS, i may release the builidings for public, but that's second in line. I still have some Cubs in mind ...

Regards

Urs -

Welcome to the forums from another grateful flyer of your Cubs.  They took a little getting used to at first but now I'm hooked.

If you're considering more - and if I can be so bold - a request: any chance of a Cub that's yellow, as god intended, and a bit worn but not as much as your bush cubs?  Right now I'm mainly flying the red Canadian paint and it's wonderful, but I'm beginning to think about sweeping the previous owner's cigarette stubs off the cabin floor, and maybe doing something about that fuel tank.  The rust really worries me.

All that said - I'm guessing you might just have something better in mind than what I've described.  Believe me, I'm open.

Again, many, many thanks for all your great work!

You read my mind ... ;)

A yellow one is planned, and without rust and grime. Just another ordinary Cub with some personality and some wear. Let's leave the cigs to Fast Joe and the Bushwhackers.

Again, the bushwheeled variants will have some dirt splatters on the fuselage (but not that much as the Bushwhacker), the others will be clean (well, sort of...).

Regards,

That's great news - am looking forward to owning (or at least renting) that one.  Though I'll definitely plan to ride with Bushwhacker and Fast Joe now and again.  I'll just bring some air freshener along...

And thanks! yet again...

Best,

Alan

PS - not sure if you've seen it, but we had a debate about your bush paints over at the A2A forums, with participation from Kevin Glover of VFR Reviews, who did the Cub writeup with high praise for your paints at Flightsim.com.  I became a convert in the course of the discussion, so if you read the thread, read all the way through.  It's not long.  Seems like you've answered all parties, though...

Archived