TE-NoCal Error, could not locate image file for terrain

mrscotte

Installed No Cal TE HD. I then removed all the Ortho4XP tiles I created for that area so they would not conflict. Nothing from Orbx was touched. When I verified, in XOrganizer, all was well I started X-Plane and received this error. After exiting XP, I ran OC and selected Verify files and all checked OK. Started XP again and the same error msg DBX popped up. Any suggestions? I was about to buy Florida and Key West but because I already have custom Ortho4XP tiles there I am reluctant to purchase. I don't understand what went wrong with NoCal. Do I need to completely uninstall and reinstall? Please let me know so I can manage my scenery correctly.

I added my Scenery.ini file and noticed that Orbx NoCal is not listed but the file folders for it ARE in the custom scenery folder. Perhaps this is a clue but why it did not install correctly in the ini file is perplexing. Please advise your recommendation to correct. 

Thanks,

-scott

NorthCal Error.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

There are many topics that have covered this error message. It is due to lack of disk space for a complete installation.

You need 300GB of free space prior to installation and at least 250Gb of free space of installation space.

If you are using only one Disk for download and installation then you will see that a lot of free space is needed initially.. If you have another disk you can choose where to place the download which will automatically go into you Temp folder normally on C drive unless you choose another location. That option is available in Orbx Central

4.thumb.JPG.a721ef1875df9fa205ab5b369f58af39.JPG

Your scenery_packs.ini does list TE NorCal but as I mentioned above, your installation is incomplete due to lack of Disk space on your Disk you want to install onto.

Extract from your scenery_packs.ini

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_NoCal_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_NoCal_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_NoCal_TE_Orthos/

Here you go:

Windows

Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Additional Requirements for Windows 7 and 8

On 2/8/2020 at 1:51 PM, Jon Clarke said:

Your scenery_packs.ini does list TE NorCal but as I mentioned above, your installation is incomplete due to lack of Disk space on your Disk you want to install onto.

Extract from your scenery_packs.ini

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_NoCal_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_NoCal_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_NoCal_TE_Orthos/

Jon,

I changed the temp location and the install completed just fine. Thanks. 

Archived