TE NL sheds

Hello,

There were reports including mine about performance loss after the last update of TE The Netherlands.

We've found out that the sheds files cause this because when turning them off, the performance recovers.

Question: Is it possible that maybe those sheds could get a same update as the 3DM files did in TE GBS V2? Or is that a totally other technique?

If it is, then another question: Can a developer look into the sheds to see why these files cause those performance issues? Maybe draw calls, or polygon count?

Cheers,

Ben.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 4:53 AM, bvdboomen said:

If it is, then another question: Can a developer look into the sheds to see why these files cause those performance issues? Maybe draw calls, or polygon count?

Hello Ben

As a mater of fact, we did look at the shops sheds warehouses library some time ago and never came to a definitive conclusion.  I'm assuming that's the source of the objects in question. However recompiling the lib seemed to help. As I remember that re-compiled version made it into the Orbx libs. I'm away from my computer so I can't give you file modified dates.  Part (but only part)  of the issue may be the number of the library objects used in a given area.

Thanks for the heads-up Larry. Much appreciated.

So it's possible that it's solved then? I did fly with sheds enabled not so long ago and noticed a little difference in FPS (lower) but no blurred PR as initially occurred with sheds enabled.

I need to fly there again with a faster plane (Realair Lancair) to see if there is any change. I'll get back with my findings.

Cheers,

Ben.

Ok, I took off at EHGR and flew at 160-200 knots at 3000-4000 feet and saw no blurries and the FPS was quiet normal. Of course it dropped when I approached Rotterdam.

So, did I mis a memo? :) Or was this an update of the ORBX libs because the sheds are in there instead of being part of the TE NL scenery?

Here's prove of the Lancair flying near Rotterdam at appr. 160-180 knots. Textures remain sharp and FPS is reasonable considering what my settings are:

2020-2-8_17-53-11-367.thumb.jpg.40105e4476bf88aa8ef93a3fdaa43706.jpg

Cheers,

Ben.

Archived