London City Runway 27 Threshold - Texture Issue

I see you don't have TEGB South installed and what you are experiencing may well be the photreal blending anomaly mentioned in the product information narrative on Orbx Direct which I quote partially below: Your scenery packs is a bit wayward but will not be the cause of the visual discrepancy you are having so I have left it alone.

For the best experience, we recommend using EGLC in conjunction with TrueEarth GB South. The scenery will work without it, however some users may experience the following:

• Missing or misplaced forests
  • Missing or misplaced buildings surrounding the airport
  • Photoreal blending
  •  

Hi Jon, thank you for the response and taking the time to look at my scenery file

Can you confirm that I need to purchase TrueEarth GB South to ensure London City Airport doesn't have this issue with the runway? I have a number of your other UK airport products which don't seem to have the runway texture issue so that's why I posted it here.

Thank you.

To get the full benefit and correct anomaly free (reported BUGS are an exception) then fo almost all Orbx addon airports for XP are designed to work with the relevant True Earth series. There are a few exceptions like Broome, Courchevel, Meigs and Monument Valley etc but the vast majority are for True Earth but will work with default with potential anomalies.

The other airports may not have the texture blending issue but may well have some elevation issues regarding for example airport buildings, so again, it is best to have the relevant True Earth addon for which they were designed to work with.

Archived