Australia's Fires

rcoultas62

On 1/18/2020 at 9:27 PM, chumley said:

I prefer neither. I believe in the Science the rest, IMO, is mumbo jumbo.

I am pretty sure that John's post was partly tongue in cheek mate.

Back on the subject,  yes the fires were and continue to be devastating but the ozzie spirit is conquering all.  With or without man made climate change debate, Mother Nature throughout history has had a habit of continually reminding us who is in charge of the planet and it is not us humans. But the tragedy of the drought and fires and now flooding continues to bring us together as a nation which is the silver lining on the cloud. USA is also now suffering great devastation from the climate and the "yanks" too have a great spirit and will endure. Us humans can rebuild but it is the animals that I feel sorry for the most and no, I am not a greenie "shudder"  just a human with empathy for the other occupiers of our planet.

PS: and please do not cancel your trips downunder, we are still open for business and there is still the other 98% of the country very safe to travel. Uluru is still standing, the coat hanger (Sydney harbour Bridge) is still standing, there are large areas of the country where the Kangaroo is still in plague numbers, so just come on down.

Thinking of you at ORBX and all of Australia.  Hope these horrible fires, floods and hailstorms come to an end very soon.  Praying for all residents, firefighters, first-responders, pilots and, or course, the wildlife and landscape.

Archived