Dissapointed with Orbx Central

malco11

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  windows 10

Simulator:  X Plane and FSX

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Orbx central on starting says "connecting" then minimises to a box on the task bar. There is no way to interact with.Central in this position. Thus, I cannot purchase new items or review my account. Under Properties, it is set to run in normal window. I changed this to run maximised just to see if that had any effect. But no. Still the box in the task bar that is too small to see, and no interaction possible. I am basically cut off from Orbx. Please advise on a solution. BTW, there is no log file in the Orbx Central directory that I can see. I have uninstslled, and re-installed, but the problem persists.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that when I right click on the icon it doesn't have an option to open Central.

The drop down options are 1 Orbx Central, 2 Pin to Task bar, 3 Close window. So, I have no way to access the settings you mention.

None of these open the Orbx window as a normal window. It stays as a tiny window below the task bar.

Is there a way to do what you suggest above by editing a file in Explorer? Perhaps a Orbx Central INI file or similar.

Malcolm

25 minutes ago, malco11 said:

Is there a way to do what you suggest above by editing a file in Explorer? Perhaps a Orbx Central INI file or similar.

Try renaming or removing the C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central\central.json file and see if Orbx Central will rest when started and allow to change settings.

Archived