Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South V2 P3Dv4.5

philed29

I am a relative newcomer to this . I recently updated from FTX Central to the new Orbx Central. I also bought and downloaded TEGB Central and North. Having realised that TEGB doesn't show the seasons I uninstalled them. The outcome is that approximately 30 of my add-on airports have the tick box in Scenery greyed out and are not installed. I tried using the sync simulator button in Orbx Central Help but that hasn't worked. Everytrhing was working fine before this.

I would appreciate some guidance.

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Because it had nothing to do with the subject of the topic, I have split this from where you posted it.

If 30 of your add-on airports have the tick box in Scenery greyed out, they must be installed, or P3D

would not see them and create a tick box?

If there was a scenery library entry but the airport files were no longer there, you would see a series of

P3D error messages when it loaded, do you?

Do the 30 airports appear in your add-ons menu at all?

On 12/30/2019 at 3:36 PM, philed29 said:

hi and thanks for the reply. yes, all the airports are in the add=ons menu, with the tick box not greyed out.

Hello,

if they are not ticked, you should replace the ticks, Save and your airports should return.

hi Nick

I unticked and re-ticked the airports in the p3d add-ons file and it seems to have solved the problem.

However, the ticks remain greyed out in the p3d scenery library.

I'm extremely grateful for your help, especially on New Year's day!

Kind regards

Phil

Hello,

the scenery added using the xml add-ons method will always appear greyed out in the scenery library.

It just means that you cannot move them around.

The only thing you can do with them using P3D is to enable and disable them.

This apparently is the way forward.

You can use Orbx Central to place your Orbx scenery blocks where you want them and you can use 

the Lorby utility to adjust the positions of your other dvelopers' addons.

Archived