Support for TerraFlora

Glasairmell

TerraFlora in not working as intended for me.  In national forest areas in California and Nevada I am not getting pine trees.  Palm tress and something like eucalyptus trees.  Please see attached.  Also attached is a photo of a palm tree at L35 Big bear with what appears to be two big dots above it.  I guess one might say 2 birds?  At any rate the palm tree does not belong there.  Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers!

nopines.PNG

palm.PNG

L35 is not an Orbx product and the palm trees maybe a part of the default Gateway airport and not Terra flora. I flew around L35 and saw some pine trees but also palm trees and other species of trees. I didn't see the 2 dots above some  palm tree either. I'm not knowledgeable in trees I'm afraid. You could try and 

Apologies. I had started to write something and then changed my mind bu left the wording in my post!

You have ortho for the areas you mention,(Forkboy I think) and it comes with Overlay files. I too have ortho for Southern California and Terra Flora so I will have to do test flights in that area. Bear with me and i will get round to it shortly. In the meantime I hope it is not spoiling your flights too much.

I can confirm that there is a variety of trees in the Southern California area that may not be accurate in their type and location. I can see fir and pine trees but also Palm trees up mountain sides. Terra Flora replaces the default  trees library. I am not sure that it is designed to give an actual true account of the trees in a particular area of a particular scenery, but more of a diverse range of trees that are pertinent to that geographical region. For example within SoCal there are Palm, Fir, Pine etc so they will be shown, but not necessarily accurately for a very specific area within that region. 

This pic is from just out of San Diego and does show that Pine/Fir (same species family) are displayed. This pic is not a of a dedicated SoCal forest area but does indicate it is displaying the types of trees within the region.

Capture.thumb.JPG.14f6d74b993c8c55ac13dff598144f67.JPG

This pic is from Orbx NorCal where tree placement and type has been more accurately displayed. The TE series of Orbx addons uses Terra Flora.

1.thumb.JPG.7c1ca32109de2a4388db1b81e847b80e.JPG

Archived