More black/night tiles issues

medx421

I had tagged on to a few of the other posts regarding the new existence of black/night tiles, however as some of those are marked resolved (the resolutions don't work for me), I figured I'd just start a new support thread.

These are found in the Orlando area around the Disney parks.  There may be other areas, but these are the ones I noticed right away.

- Libraries are current and updated

- I have only one existence of the Libraries in my add-on, and the libraries are properly placed

- I am using Orbx Central current version

- Scenery shown is Orbx base, OpenLC NA, and Vector

- I do not own Orbx Orlando

Magic Kingdom:

gG58Bdu.jpg

Epcot:

JqVopA1.jpg

Thank you for any help and solutions.

Nick

OLC and Vector installed in the sim root directory?

I recently discobered a few black patches in Laredo and Houston, Tx. I got rid of them after a verify for OLC NA.

But I still wonder what we are seeing here and how it gets there. It's definitely not regular night textures. And the patches change when moving over them.

As one of the affected I read now every thread about this issue, and it occurs to me that the problem is quite common, so maybe it should be made sticky, with an explanation what is happening here and possible fixes.

Boris

1 hour ago, borisvp said:

OLC and Vector installed in the sim root directory?

I recently discobered a few black patches in Laredo and Houston, Tx. I got rid of them after a verify for OLC NA.

But I still wonder what we are seeing here and how it gets there. It's definitely not regular night textures. And the patches change when moving over them.

As one of the affected I read now every thread about this issue, and it occurs to me that the problem is quite common, so maybe it should be made sticky, with an explanation what is happening here and possible fixes.

Boris

Thank you Boris,

- OLC and Vector are in the sim root directory

- I ran a verify files on both the Orbx Base and OpenLC NA without success

- I tried changing seasons and time of day without change

Nick

Okay, well I ended up following this 2014 thread about removing and rebuilding the terrain.cfg file.

Note:  Orbx Central does not automatically build the terrain.cfg on startup as stated in the guide that FTX Central did.  I had do a file verification on Base, OLC, and Vector to get most everything back in the terrain.cfg.  Actually, I just did a verify files on all my products (which with the amount of adjustments I've made and .off files I have, proved to be quite time consuming).  Needless to say, I'm somehow 33 texture files short (1111 in the pre-existing terrain.cfg to 1078 in the new one).  I haven't combed through the lines and lines of code to figure it out yet. 

Needless to say, this has resolved my black polygon issues and I'm back in business.  With so many additions, updates, and mods over time, I was probably due for this anyway as things do look overall improved as well.  In any event, I guess my issue is resolved, but please consider keeping it open so it doesn't get overlooked by the developers who perhaps can use this information to their benefit and perhaps come up with a better overall fix. 

Archived