ORBX Central 4 problem installing

Rob15

After purchasing Orbx scenery, EGJA Alderney Airport, (Receipt number: 5df899f6a2b75) on 17Dec2019, and then downloading and installing ORBX Central 4, I have been unable to install Alderney Airport or have Central 4 appear on the screen apart from appearing only on the taskbar as an icon.

Initially Central 4 seemed ok as the latest sceneries were updated and installed, apart from Global Base where it was paused and not installed.

An error message appeared which I do not understand and have attached it below.

I would appreciate help to enable Central 4 to function normally and be viewed on the full screen as well as being able to install Alderney Airport which I tried with both manual download after being unsuccessful with using Central 4 to install it.

Thank you for your support service,

Rob15 

ORBX Central-error.jpg

Orbx Central 3-2019-12-20_151703.jpg

Thanks Nick for your reply and helpful links.

Although I mistakenly used the error message which related to FTX Central, I had already installed Orbx Central using Orbx Direct and my main problem was not being able to view the main screen for Orbx Central as it was only seen as an icon on the task bar.

However after reading the user guide I was able to rectify the problem from the troubleshooting advice and deleting the settings file. Then after editing the restored file the main screen was correctly viewed and from the settings menu I unticked the minimize button after reading in the forums that this may have caused the screen to remain only on the task bar.

Since then I have installed and updated all the Orbx products and Orbx Central seems to work very well.

Many thanks for your helpful service

Compliments of the season and Merry Christmas.

Regards, Rob

Archived