TE GB S, C and N comments/report

Benny

Hey friends, I just bought them all (I already own TE GB South - not upgraded but fresh install) and a few airport including London, EGNX, EGPH.
I never spend a whole day on the computer in my life but today I did. I had strange behaviour over London (the city) and the London the airport, my FPS was kind of ok at around 25-30 and suddenly the whole computer was rushing badly and the FPS where in the single digit. A few time the rig was so slow, P3D was not responding (not even the computer) that I had to reboot.

Fact: London airport is a no go for me, why, my GTX 1060 6g is at full power running all the 6 gig (monitoring system, and 2 of them), the  CPU is fine and never running at full or rarely.

I have tried all day different setting and finally find something that worked well but not in London airport. Well sometime...

Up north (or out of the London area), it's WAY better,  EGNX, EGPH are running fine with moderate FPS hungry plane.

Simple conclusion, 6 gig GPU (at least for me) is marginal for P3D V4.5 and TE GB (all of them).
Even my my new setting the GPU is using at least 4.5 gig, so how can someone that own a (let's say) 1050 2-3 gb have fun????

Now, that said, I am NOT talking about rural area/small town / small airport, at all, they look BEAUTIFUL and run perfectly.

ORBX doesn't suggest minimal computer requirement but they should.

That said, I am using 3 screen, only one for flying in window mode, main screen is at 2560 × 1440 - 32 inch.

CPU run in between 4.1 and 4.3 GHz, run cold and at around 70-80%

I am sharing that in good faith.

Regard, Ben

Archived