18 April Scenery Config file error not yet resolved - Hotspot

Hotspot

<<I installed FTX from the disc and have all hotfixes installed but on starting FSX get the following message:

"Scenery.Cfg file error. Local Scenery directory (ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_FREEWARE\SCENERY) in Scenery Area.125 not found.

Click OK to continue"

My O/N is FSS0004235>>

The patch V1.01 had been installed, but there was no FREEWARE file on my FTX installation - so I removed FTX and reinstalled it from the disc, only to find there was no "FTXAU08_FREEWARE" on the new installation for V1.01 to change to the new name - (hence the error notice on the original installation?). My problem should be solved if I can get the FTXAU08_FREEWARE file with instructions on how to install it, so that when I rerun patch V1.01 there will be a file for it to change and all will be well how do I get this file? Thanks - Hotspot  ;)

Thanks John, I'm afraid it is back to square one - after having installed V1.01 onto my reinstallation of FTX I am now getting the original "scenery config" error message again. The preamble on the V1.01 installer says that one of the changes it will make is the renaming of the file "FTXAU08_FREEWARE" to "FTXXAA_FREEWARE". Neither of these files exist in my installation of FTX and V1.01. Rob in his reply to my original post of 18 April mentioned that it sounded as though one of these files was missing or had been shifted. I didn't shift anything - so the suggestion that is missing seems confirmed - where to now? :-\ - Hotspot

Archived