Info regarding True Earth US series

haertsfly

Hallo,

I am using the True Earth England and Scotland addons, which I like very much and have good frame rates with my settings.

Can someone inform me how one can compare the US True Earth series. Are they more fps hungry then the GB series; is the HD version more hungry then GB is the SD version the same as GB or less in quality. It is quite a while now this addons are out now and up to now I found no one who made the comparisson.

Thanks in advance

Harry

The US TE series are as you know in 2 options. One is the HD version and the other is the SD version. The HD versions are in ZL17 , the same as TEGB series. The SD versions are ZL16.The HD versions are much larger in disk space requirements and look a bit better at under 2500ft than the SD version. The HD versions take longer to load than the SD versions and also the orthos textures are shipped in jpg format imagery which require a fairly lengthy "conversion" process to dds format done by Orbx Central during the installation.

I use the SD versions and fly just above 2500ft with higher graphics settings than I did with the HD versions I used to have installed. I have a 1080Ti and also Nvidia  driver which now has the option to Sharpen imagery. All in all from my perspective, I get almost the HD quality imagery from the SD version with the benefits of quicker loading time, higher graphics settings and much less disk space used.

Archived