Honolulu Water Mask Compatibility

AB1

I recently purchase ORBX Honolulu which works nicely with FSJ scenery and ORBX recommended compatibility adjustments. The only issue I'm having is the water mask surrounding the island. I believe the water blending issue may have to do with mipmaps (LOD) or alpha-channel layer error. Please advise how the water mask issue can be addressed. I have attached two photos for your review. Thanks!

Honolulu 1 .jpg

Honolulu 2.jpg

Hi there,

sorry but there's no easy way to fix this as it is caused by two overlapping photoreal coverage areas that have different coloring for the shallow water. The dark blue sections are from the FSJ photoreal files while the turquoise colors are from our photoreal files that are color matched to the offshore (generic) waterclass textures visible along the right edges of your screenshots.

I've mentioned this issue in our compatibility post regarding FSJ: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/179917-cityscape-honolulu-compatibility-index/

Even with all the adjustments listed above there still will be some display issues, for example along the edges of the photoreal water coverage off Honolulu and Waikiki, [...]

Cheers, Holger

Archived