Missing Textures

Michael J

Hi!

I am trying to load the "Tacoma Narrows Airport" scenery package and keep receiving the message "Some scenery textures could not be loaded..." (Please See The Attached Screen Capture) then X-Plane crashes to the desktop.

See the copied portion of my X-Plane log, 

It appears that I am missing the 5 files listed below. Please advise on how to correct this issue.

WARNING: tree is outside tile.

WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/textures/b400x51c0x17.dds.

WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/textures/b310x52a0x17.dds.

WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/textures/b3b0x52b0x17.dds.

WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/textures/b3a0x5290x17.dds.

WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/textures/b490x5190x17.dds.

I have the "Tacoma Narrows Airport" scenery pack and as suggested, the "US Washington HD" scenery pack.

Here is a copy of my receipt containing the order number:

Receipt

Orbx Simulation Systems Pty Ltd
Level 10, 56 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
ABN 59 120 838 244

The products you ordered have been added to your account.

Your transaction ID / receipt number is 5de7d2f0d6948.

KTIW Tacoma Narrows Airport - X-Plane 11 x1 $34.95 AUD
KVUO Pearson Field - X-Plane 11 x1 $17.48 AUD
Total: $52.43 AUD
The total price includes GST for Australian customers.
© Orbx Simulation Systems 2019

Thanks!

Michael Colletti

Email: michaelcolletti306@yahoo.com

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 2.58.45 PM.png

Hi mate,

Can you attach a copy of your log.txt file from your xplane folder?

From what you've posted, the best course of action is to open Orbx Central and select the TrueEarth Washington product, the select 'Verify Files'. It looks like some of the files may not have copied or perhaps are corrupted. Verify Files will re-download any missing files.

Hopefully that will get you up and running.

Greg

4 hours ago, Michael J said:

Hi Greg!

Thanks so much for your reply. Attached is my log file. I verified twice and got green check marks both times. Strange.

Thanks!

Michael

Log.txt 46.73 kB · 0 downloads

Please check in your TE Washington orthos/texture file for any jpg files by entering " .jpg " without the quotation marks, into the search box. If you have some show up i can send you a programme that will convert them to dds format as they should be.

Here is something interesting. I have been trying to use the HD version of “True Earth Washington” and “Tacoma Narrows Airport”

Every time I load “Tacoma Narrows Airport” I receive an error message stating that some textures are missing. Then X Plane 11 crashes. I have downloaded “True Earth Washington HD” 3 times and verified files 4 times. The download / install goes fine and the verification of the files always checks out fine, yet I still am experiencing the above stated error message and the X Plane 11 crash.

Here is a section of my file log which shows what I believe to be the missing files:

WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/textures/b400x51c0x17.dds.

WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/textures/b310x52a0x17.dds.

WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/textures/b3b0x52b0x17.dds.

WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/textures/b3a0x5290x17.dds.

WARNING: we are missing the texture: CustomScenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/textures/b490x5190x17.dds.

I have deleted “True Earth Washington HD” and I’ve downloaded / installed “True Earth Washington SD.” Now when I load “Tacoma Narrows Airport,” I do not experience the “textures missing” error message and X Plane 11 runs normally. No crashes. Is it possible that the files I listed above don’t exist in the “True Earth Washington HD” version?

10 minutes ago, Michael J said:

Here is something interesting. I have been trying to use the HD version of “True Earth Washington” and “Tacoma Narrows Airport”

Every time I load “Tacoma Narrows Airport” I receive an error message stating that some textures are missing. Then X Plane 11 crashes. I have downloaded “True Earth Washington HD” 3 times and verified files 4 times. The download / install goes fine and the verification of the files always checks out fine, yet I still am experiencing the above stated error message and the X Plane 11 crash.

Here is a section of my file log which shows what I believe to be the missing files:

WARNING: we are missing the texture: CustomScenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/textures/b490x5190x17.dds.

I have deleted “True Earth Washington HD” and I’ve downloaded / installed “True Earth Washington SD.” Now when I load “Tacoma Narrows Airport,” I do not experience the “textures missing” error message and X Plane 11 runs normally. No crashes. Is it possible that the files I listed above don’t exist in the “True Earth Washington HD” version?

The error message you were getting with the HD version relates to some orthos texture files not being converted from jpg to dds format, as suspected. That is why I asked you to check if you had any jpg files in your orthos folder. The files do exist. The download and install did not go as fine as you thought.:)The verify files would have established that you had all the necessary files but not unfortunately that they were all converted. This is normally due to a probable lack of Disk space required for the complete download, extract, convert and then install process.

The SD version however is different because it is shipped with dds files and not jpg files that require converting.This is due to the fact that the SD version is at ZL16 and is much smaller in GB so can be shipped as dds.

I use the SD version which allows me to have higher GPU settings and along with the new Nvidia drivers with the Sharpening tool option, enjoy imagery that is comparable with the HD version above 2500ft.

Hope the above clarifies things for you.

Thanks! That all absolutely makes sense. I didn't have a moment to check the files for .jpg files. Did you mention that there is a piece of software that converts .jpg files to .dds? I may stick with the SD version anyway to help frame rate.

Once Again, Thanks So Very Much For Clarifying!

Michael 

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply. I did find .jpg files. 19,649 to be exact. I also found 19,650 .dds files. Still confused as to why the HD version didn’t install properly. I’m quite happy to use the SD version though. Thanks for your help everyone!

Michael

14 hours ago, Michael J said:

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply. I did find .jpg files. 19,649 to be exact. I also found 19,650 .dds files. Still confused as to why the HD version didn’t install properly. I’m quite happy to use the SD version though. Thanks for your help everyone!

Michael

Probably due to disk space which you have not advised as to much you have on the download nor installation drives.

If you are happy as is, the so am I:)

Archived