Problems with TE Washington install via ORBX Central on Mac

flybius

I just purchased TE Washington SD for X-Plane11 and I installed it using ORBX Central on Mac. After the install to a library folder completed, I placed my plane in JFHR and then KSEA and got the errors pictured below.

I erased the install and reinstalled directly to X-Plane folder and still got the errors...

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 2.05.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 2.06.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 1.18.18 PM.png

I have just posted a reply to another user on the same error message meaning so I will copy my reply:

"The message you are getting is typical of the installation being incomplete due to lack of  required Disk space.

I don't know what version of TE Washington you have but I am guessing the HD version. This requires enough disk space for the download and extraction process followed by the conversion process of changing the imagery jpg files to dds format. As the notes on the product page at Orbx Direct show, the download is 39GB and the installation uses at least twice that with the final install being around 207GB. So it would indicate you need at least 80+ GB free space on the drive you downloaded to, and at least 220+GB on the drive you are installing TW Washington onto.

Please check you meet those requirements. Verifying Files is not going to confirm you have all the install complete at this juncture, just that all the files required are there, but not necessarily installed correctly, e.g. converted to dds."

Archived