Loading error with US Washington HD Scenery

markr290

Hi,

I am having the same problem with the SD version..

I have verified, uninstalled, reinstalled and verified again. See attached. On the 2nd go the files involved were different.

Maybe corrupt files, but verify only sees that the files are there, not that they are correct?

I have GB south demo and it loads fine. Airports in WA. are giving error.

It's a big download...I'm hoping I don't have to do it again.

ORBX library on same drive as XP, but different folder. XP is the Steam version.

Any ideas?

error.png

3 hours ago, ozcanuck55 said:

Hi,

I am having the same problem with the SD version..

I have verified, uninstalled, reinstalled and verified again. See attached. On the 2nd go the files involved were different.

Maybe corrupt files, but verify only sees that the files are there, not that they are correct?

I have GB south demo and it loads fine. Airports in WA. are giving error.

It's a big download...I'm hoping I don't have to do it again.

ORBX library on same drive as XP, but different folder. XP is the Steam version.

Any ideas?

error.png

Log.txt

scenery_packs.ini

@markr290 @ozcanuck55

That error message is the message you get when your installation is not complete due to limited Disk space.

In the case of the HD version this is normally associated with a lack of space to complete the conversion of jpg imagery into dds format imagery.

In the case of the SD version it relates to lack of Disk space.

Both need to ensure that you have sufficient space on the drive you download to and then also the drive you install the addon to whether it be XP direct or a Disk with a new self created Library

Hi,

Thanks.

My original temp file was on C drive, which may have had only 60GB on it before download. Not sure if that would fail. I deleted and changed temp folder to another drive with 200+ GB free. Then downloaded again. Still getting error.

Backup folder is on the 200+ drive.

Could 2nd install be using corrupt or missing files from"backup"?

Should I do a "manual download"?

If so, what files should I delete before ( to get rid of corrupt and redundant files)?

37 minutes ago, ozcanuck55 said:

Hi,

Thanks.

My original temp file was on C drive, which may have had only 60GB on it before download. Not sure if that would fail. I deleted and changed temp folder to another drive with 200+ GB free. Then downloaded again. Still getting error.

Backup folder is on the 200+ drive.

Could 2nd install be using corrupt or missing files from"backup"?

Should I do a "manual download"?

If so, what files should I delete before ( to get rid of corrupt and redundant files)?

I suggest you first make sure you have used Orbx Central to Uninstall TE Washington SD.

If you have a decent fast internet connection then you could try a manual Download and use Orbx Central to install from that. If you do that method then it may be best to delete the backup copy so there is no confusion when reinstalling using the Manual Download.

What Disk space have you got on the Disk that XP is installed on? Please answer this question BEFORE you do any additional download

195 GB of free space should be Ok for the SD version. Go ahead and do what I suggested in my previous post. manual download etc

Report back when installed. Also attach your scenery_packs.ini after you  have installed, run XP then exited XP. I will want to check that the layering in your scenery packs has be done correctly.

7 hours ago, ozcanuck55 said:

Hi,

I uninstalled with Central, cleaned out backups and some rubbish on my drive. Free space 250 GB.

Downloaded the manual file from ORBX and installed through Central.

The resulting TE WA folder in Library is 58.2 GB.

See attached scenery_packs.ini.

scenery_packs.ini 1.66 kB · 0 downloads

I have rearranged the scenery_packs.ini slightly and attach it for you to replace into your Custom Scenery folder.

Can you confirm all is now OK?

scenery_packs.ini

18 minutes ago, ozcanuck55 said:

One more thing...with this scenery, do you recommend boosting the amount of world objects as high as you can ?

Depends very much on your PC specs. I always have World Objects set to maximum with the TE series because that is what they are designed to be displayed at due to the enormous amount of work done providing a very comprehensive Overlay and Custom files. Shame not to see it all with lower than max World Objects.

I suggest you have your Texture Quality set to High rather than any higher as it will help with FPS and really doesn't appear any different to a max setting when you are above about 2000ft. If you use Nvidia you can also install the latest driver which has a Sharpening effect option which also brings the SD version almost to HD version specs visually for much lower Disk space requirements, but much faster load times.

Archived