TEGB South Crash after update to 1.1.1

rocketmandlgc

Recently updated TEGB South to 1.1.1 However the download "stuck" at 44%. I restarted my PC and restarted the download. It seemed to go ok but now X-Plane crashes before I get to fly.

X-Plane starts gets to the loading scenery bit - then just drops out. Do I have to do a complete re-install?

Transaction ID (can't find an invoice number) is 5c2b9ecf6c77a 

I have rearranged your scenery_packs.ini as you had some 3rd party airports layered below Global Airports for example.

It concerns me a bit that you had 3GB of further extracted files after doing the Verify Files option.

Check your TEGB South Orthos file and in the search box type in .jpg (dot jpg) and see if it discovers any. 

First off try the new scenrey_pack. Keep a copy as it will still be valid if/when we sort the problem out

scenery_packs.ini

This has now been sorted - Thanks for your time Jon. It would seem I now have to wait until Christmas Day (well ok Boxing day as I don't fancy a divorce) as I can no longer max out my world objects slider with 1.1.1 and my old 780TI. One notch down works ok and looks pretty good.

Also, thanks to the team for unflattening all the grass strips in the UK - my home club looks really cool now all the undulations are in place

2090309221_ASK21-2019-11-3016_39_14.thumb.png.95f48d59690375dfb548cf9184679de0.png

@rocketmandlgc TEGB South introduced PBR type autogen which is more demanding than in v1. You can however revert back to the original autogen by doing the following:

Open up TEGB South Overlay file and you will see 2 autogen files. One has just "autogen" as the title and the other is something like autogen_old. Rename the one labeled "autogen" to 

"autogen.PBR" then rename the "autogen_old" to just plain "autogen". Don't use the quotation marks in either renaming act.

You will now have the old far less demanding autogen file, which will help your performance. maybe not a lot of help in the London area but certainly in the rest of TEGB South. Try it and see.

Archived