P3D v4.5 reinstal and AEC problems

grager

For some months I have been using Prepar3D v 4.5 installed on my "C." drive with Orbx products installed on my"'F:" drive and linked by Symbolic Link.

Due to a rapidly filling "C:" drive I have uninstalled P3D from that drive and reinstalled in "F:"

Attached are a few shots of YBBN and CYSE clearly demonstrating  problems. Other airports have similar issues.I have not done anything with the installed ORBX files.

I realise this problem may have been discussed previously however I've been unable to find the exact problem on the Forums.

I have run the Vector AEC automatic configuration function and the Sync to Sim function.

I have also attached shots of my F drive structure and  my Central Log.

Your assistance is appreciated. 

Cheers

Graham

System:  Windows 10 Home 64bit;Intel Core i7-8700 8th gen CPU 12MB,4.7GHz Max turbo;  ASUS ROG STRIX IntelZ370 Motherboard; 8GB nVidia GTX1080 Graphics card;

ORBX Products: 7 x Global;  19 Regions; Numerous Cityscapes and airports.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (16).png

Screenshot (18).png

Hello,

It looks like you have not done as you think you have.

The pictured folder containing your ORBX symbolic link does not contain P3D at all,

it contains the installation files.

As I have no idea what might be in your other folders, I would hope that they are

also installation files and that all your products are actually installed into the ORBX folder.

Thanks Nick,

Now I'm totally confused - comes with old age!

Problem began a couple of weeks ago when, as I said I uninstalled P3D from drive C: and reinstalled on Drive F:

Some months ago I thought I'd followed your Forum instructions on creating a Symbolic Link and transferred my ORBX folder to Drive F:. This reduced the size of Drive C: and everything  worked well.

I've attached a further photo of Drive F: detailing the contents of the ORBX folder outside the Sim.

Obviously I've stuffed something up. Should I now embark on a fresh uninstall / install of all my ORBX products and let ORBX Central sort it out?

Thanks again

Graham

Screenshot (22).png

Just wandering! 

1.  Did you use a system "cleaner", to remove the old registry records?

2.  Did you first removed all of your addon products:  scenery, vehicles, etc...?

I have three SSD's drives and a startup drive which is an NVMe C: drive.

At 72 yrs young, I do get myself painted into a corner.   The last issue was getting all of Orbx migrated to a SSD for its scenery library.  After many days of just walking away, I cleaned out everything and chose to have MS Windows 10 pro just do a clean installation of windows 10.  Wasn't that bad.  It backed my files on the C drive and put in a new up to date Windows 10 and I started over. 

1. Win10 reinstall NVMe

2.  P3Dv4.5 on SSD2

3.  Orbx library on SSD3

4.  Storage on 2Gb drive.

Thanks Laurence,

Don'have the luxury of all that technology!

After Nick's post I decided to Uninstall Orbx and reinstall almost 100 Orbx products using "Central" to my almost fresh installation  of P3D v5.

No I haven't used a registry cleaner or removed addons. I'm hoping that's not going to make a difference??

Just about to start this project and will advise.

Thanks Graham

Hello Graham,

neither FTX Central nor Orbx Central use registry entries for product licences any more.

That went out of date on 1st November 2016, when Orbx Direct was launched.

All licences are stored there.

This image indicates that you probably have all your products installed into F:\ORBX

It also indicates that you may have installed some products into F:\ORBX\ORBX

You might be able to get away with cutting and pasting the contents of F:\ORBX\ORBX into

F:\ORBX, which would then give you one ORBX folder.

Screenshot (22).png

This image however shows that you have correctly made a symbolic link but that you have put it into the folder

that contains your P3D v4 installer, not the installed simulator.

Screenshot (16).png

The installed P3D v4 looks like this:

3.jpg

Thanks for the advice Nick, I'm somewhat the wiser however have embarked on the fresh re-installation letting Central do all the hard work.

So far all is working well having first installed 'Global' products, Aust.v2, and a few airports.

Cheers

Graham

Archived