LDDU corrupt textures

Hi all, apologies for not being any more specific with the title as I genuinely don't know what is causing my issue. My initial assumption is that it must be ORBX Global / Vector as I do not have any other scenery covering this area.

So i'm en route from EGKK (London Gatwick) to LDDU (Dubrovnik) and passing over Switzerland at approx FL390 at night. I go into external view to look at my aircraft and can't help but notice...

randomlight.thumb.png.e93f78fd9f24a555ed15bd862c8666fc.png

Again, I have no other scenery or any other addons installed which would effect the land over Switzerland other than ORBX Global & ORBX Vector.

I DO have shaders installed (TomatoShade) however these have never been an issue flying anywhere else, even mountainous, in the UK, Norway or Switzerland so unsure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I loaded into LDDU at daytime and this is what I was presented with...

randomlight2.thumb.png.9b4e3fe4c07e085af809aa5735f61c16.png

I have tried:

- Sync Simulator option in Orbx Central

- Verifying files for the Dubrovnik scenery add-on in Orbx Central

- Configuring the scenery for VECTOR support in Orbx Central

- Uninstalling and Reinstalling the entire product from scratch

- Fiddling with graphics settings

No success.

With LDDU uninstalled the problem reduces but there are still broken textures.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to LDDU corrupt textures
2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello

I don't think it is LDDU at all.

What else do you have apart from Global Vector?

Do you have Global Base and/or open LC Europe?

Hi Nick, I have the following:

- Global

- Global Vector

- Buildings HD

- Trees HD

- England & Norway (no effect)

I do not own any of the LC products.

6 minutes ago, Yamakazi said:

Did you tried to verify all files? Not only LDDU, but every products that's you have installed in central?

Hi Yamakazi,

I did. I verified each of them. Though, when I verified Global Base it downloaded a lot of files but still didn't work. I have now uninstalled both Vector and Global Base separately, booting into P3D after each one, and now discovered the issue is with global Base. When I removed Vector, nothing changed, but noow that global base is out it's all fixed with no more texture glitching. However, I have also noticed absolutely no visual change from when global was in to being removed, so it must not have been installed correctly despite it working everywhere else I'd flown around testing it.

EDIT:

So I uninstalled every single Orbx product I own (just to be sure) as well as the objectflow and libraries and reinstalled ONLY global base.

The problem is back again just as before. I compared this screenshot to the one I took right before I put global back in and they look identical just global has glitches and vanilla doesn't. The textures don't change from vanilla.

Global BASE.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 2:54 AM, POLYMERMAN said:

HOW?

You'll hate the answer, but I re-installed my entire sim. Uninstalled every single add-on and went through completely from scratch but put everything into the sims main directory instead of an external directory. Problem solved and never came back.

Wow!

Your exactly correct! I hate the answer;)

Thanks for replying Upon avalanche!

So as not to spend all my time re-installing. 

As I use an Orbx scenery, i check now to see if the control panel is present under the configure menu of the product.

If its not, see Cntl Pnl B4 picture.  Then I verify the file. Note not all products have anything you can control.

After verification the control panel works , see Cntl Pnl After picture.

Just a hint that may help other users!

Cntl Pnl B4.PNG

Cntl Pnl After.PNG

Archived