EGNM Leeds Bradford Airport not visible in the .INI file

Mike Beas

Hi,

I've had problems getting the airport add-on for EGNM Leeds Bradford Airport to appear in game. I've tried verifying the file and uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I then checked the .ini file to see whether the scenery for the airport was positioned correctly above the True Earth scenery. I've not be able to locate a listing for EGNM in the .ini file although the folder is in Custom Scenery. The scenery was downloaded via ORBX Central immediately after I downloaded the scenery for East Midlands Airport, which has loaded successfully. I've attached the log file corresponding to the error message I got in game. Any help would be appreciated.

Log.txt

Thanks for the file. I am a bit confused as to the problem you are having, which I am assuming is that the EGNM is not displaying or the default airport is displaying?

Your scenery_packs.ini is clearly showing EGNM LeedsBradford right at the top as per extract below:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGNM_LeedsBradford/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_L52_A_Oceano_County/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_KCGX_A_Merrill_C_Meigs_Field/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_ENOV_A_Orsta_Volda/

Are you getting an error message in the top right of your screen after you choose EGNM and the loading is finished?

You also need to check that you have 2 entries in XP for the SAM library.

The places to look are your Custom Scenery and it should be 159MB in size.

The second place is in Resources/plugins/SAM and should be Size 12.2MB 9 files 4 folders

Please confirm those are correct in both locations.

Hi Jon,

In answer to your questions I do get a pop-up box with error message after loading. The SAM libraries are both correct.

I have resolved the scenery issue to an extent. I uninstalled the airport scenery. restarted my computer and went into Leeds Bradford Airport and X-Plane runs perfectly with the ORBX scenery for this airport uninstalled. I then reinstalled the ORBX airport scenery and on loading the game it all appeared to have loaded correctly only to have an issue with World Traffic which after a few minutes caused XPlane to crash. I've attached the Log.txt from that crash which itemises what happened - see attached.

Log_211119_1.txt

Your Log shows that you are missing a whole bunch of True Erath GB textures. The message the Log is showing also indicates that the conversion process did not complete when you were installing TEGB Central and TEGB South. Your Log also states that you ran out of memory.

So, you have quite a few problems and really very little to do with Leeds/Bradford airport addon.

You need to tell me what disk space you have on your Disk drives, especially the disk you download to and the disk you have chosen to install the 2 TEGB addons.

Also what are your settings and what are your PC specs. You may not have enough Disk space and your settings in XP may be too high. Leeds/Bradford is a resource demanding addon and sour normal XP settings may need to be turned down a bit.

Archived