Recommended Settings in Orbx Central When Intended Destination for Installation Files in On External HD

TonyVentura

Hello,

I plan on purchasing TrueEarth US Washington SD. Just a few pre-purchase questions.

Is my computer capable of handing TrueEarth US Washington SD?

My Apple MacBook Pro 2016:

• MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
  • Processor 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
  • Graphics Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Since the full installation of TrueEarth US Washing is @207 GB, if that it accurate, I would to like to install the files on an external hard drive. Should I determine the installation path when I'm installing the actual product, or determine the path in the Orbx Central application which is now running on my Mac?

Your assistance regarding these pre-purchase questions would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,
Tony Ventura

Thank you for your reply, Nick. FYI my OS platform is macOS Catalina 10.15.1

On another note, I installed the True Earth Great Britain South Demo. The user guide mentions that if you're a MacOS and Linux user, FTX Central is not compatible with MacOS and Linux systems. However, if I click on Verify Files, In Orbx Central it says that the product is installed. So, I would assume that Qrbx Central installed the demo successfully.

Continuing, I saw the following which appears to be important:

MacOs And Linux Users – manual roads toggle

In the Custom Scenery folder, inside the Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay folder, there are two folders "roads" and "roads_t". The "roads" folder is the textured roads that are inside X-Plane and are now enabled by default. The "roads_t" folder are the transparent roads. To use transparent roads, rename "roads" to "roads_x" and rename "roads_t" to "roads".

Firstly, the folders mentioned do not exist. What does exist, is the Orbx_B_GB_Demo_TrueEarth_Overlay folder. That folder contains the "roads" folders. It appears that I DON'T have to rename folders because they are already renamed.

Thinking that all is well, I launch X-Plane 11, change to one of the recommended locations, such as EGHI, and the scenery appears to be normal X-Plane 11 scenery.

Is there a way to know if the demo is installed correctly? Before I purchase the TrueEarth US Northern California HD I would to know that I have at least installed the demo correctly.

Thank you for your assistance!

Tony

Archived