My scenery and what you should know

ba43

Greetings,

As I have had these a great ambitious plans for scenery ideas pop into my head, I forgot to let everybody know how all of these little places I make up and place inside FSX fit in with ORBX/ FTX and OZx.

I am not affiliated with, endorsed by, approved by, recommended by anybody who works with ORBX, FTX, OZx. So that means that I should probably not be taking any focus away from those parties mentioned above.

What I'm trying to tell you is if I release any addon scenery that happens to fit in nicely with the FSX world we like to fly in, it's up to me to help any user of my software with any challenges that may occur. Please send me any concerns, questions, complaints, requests for help, to my personal email which you will find in the readme.txt file for my scenery addons.

Please do not ask for any help here in the FTX forums. Please don't make any requests for scenery ideas by me here in these forums. Send me an email. I might be able to have all sorts of fun coming up with things on my own, but any ideas are always welcome, just send those to me in an email, not here.

I think it is better if I try to keep all of my scenery release plans, updates and announcements separate too. I don't want to be seen as a "spammer" or somebody that's pulling any focus away from what should be focused on here in these forums. And that's the wonderful FTX scenery we are all enjoying so much. 

I might post a screenshot up now and then to show what's out there when I fly around in the Pacific Northwest, but I am not going to be making any more "Brad's Scenery Released" announcements on these forums. It's not the right venue and might be cause for concern from people that already have more important things to take up their time and energy.

Please don't assume by what I write here that I have been asked to stop creating scenery. That's not true. We all know the history of VOZ and how third party contributions are what made this current world of FTX reality. John has and will continue to embrace the developers out there who want to create things for FSX. It just needs to be done with some care and forethought. And I agree.

I just think before I go any further, everyone should know where my wishes lie for this plan of mine. I only share what I think will enhance a little piece of this beautiful scenery creation from the team at FTX. If I can give you a small lakefront destination that you find interesting to visit, that's great, but as a fledgling scenery developer, I need to make sure it doesn't clash with or distract from what FTX, OZx or anybody else want to make available to the FSX community.

That's my plan. I hope we can all enjoy our time together in this community just getting away from the harsh reality we sometimes live in. I'm stepping off my apple box now and driving to Key West for the weekend. I'll be sure to have a few cold ones and raise my pint glass with a toast to all the team at FTX, ORBX, OZx. Here's to you!!!

Cheers!!

Brad

Ok, Brad, I'll chime in here and bear the brunt of criticism if I say the wrong thing.

Firstly, let me say, I think it is champion of ORBX to let you post your add-ons here and it seems to have always been the ORBX way to promote up and coming talent.

However, when I saw your posts here, I was more than a little confused.

Was this payware? Were the add-ons official? Did you have some deal with ORBX?

I say this without malice and from my own perspective, I pay for ORBX scenery because I know of it's quality. I don't buy any other scenery products because I am happy with their peformance and quality and the fact that they have the best after market help available in the universe.

OZx, to my knowledge has always been a great site (and the only freeware add-on scenery product that I use) to post paints and scenery products and has been given a lot of promotion (and deservedly so!) on this site, so I am perplexed why this hasn't been suggested to you before.

As I said, I am not criticising your efforts, I am just letting you know how I, as a paying customer of ORBX products, sees things.

Frank

Sounds like a good deal for everyone concerned.  I have enjoyed the two you recently released and I even got the trees in the lake problem solved as a sideline. Thanks Brad and Holger.  I look forward to additional realeases so be sure to let us know somehow when AVSIM or OZx or whomever has them ready for download.

There are several items on your original list that I am looking forward to installing to compliment my PNW scenery.  As as old submnariner that ran then secret trials out of Bangor in one of those boomers, you can guess what I would like to see competing for space in Hood Canal along with the Ferries.  Our biggest fear was not Khruschev but rather surfacing a $2B boat smack dab in the middle of one of those ferries.  That was back when 2 billion dollars was a lot of money.  We actually had a ferry schedule onboard and had our Navigator take a shot at where the holes were between them. 

Not a suggestion, just a hint.  ;D

Enjoy the Keys.

RayM

Archived