Fatal error occured

ricky76

Well after 6 attempts at flying from Darrington to Stark's, I get this darn "Fatal error occured" message then fsx restarts. It seems to happen around the 45min mark. Between this and the fact I can't watch a replay or go into or come out of the menu without getting a Black screen or corrupted graphics and having to restart the darn sim, I am getting very close to giving up on the hobby!!! >:(  Any Ideas as to what may be causing these issues? Thanks in advance

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: g3d.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb58

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000ba79f

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

LCID: 1033

Bucket ID: 557280854

Edit: Sorry, I just realised this is in the wrong place. Meant to put it in the hardware/tech talk thread

Yup, you got it. I tried your fix back in December with no change! The PMDG forum has a 17 page thread going on this subject, tried most the ideas and tricks with no success. I must add that this has been happening long before I had any orbx products. I may have to start fresh and install everything one by one to see when these problems start. Going to be a long weekend :-\ Thanks Tim.

Since you are overclocking it is possible your overclock is not stable (FSX is funny with that), you may be stable but just to be on the safe side run OCCT for at least one hour and if you pass the test ....well it's not your overclock and you can search for something else......just my 2 cent.

well I ran a stress test and it passed. I'm going to re- install everything and try to narrow it down. I have a feeling it may be the PMDG J41 causing these issues. I never had either of these problems until I loaded the J41.

Since you are overclocking it is possible your overclock is not stable (FSX is funny with that), you may be stable but just to be on the safe side run OCCT for at least one hour and if you pass the test ....well it's not your overclock and you can search for something else......just my 2 cent.

I brought my clock down to 3.6 and so far so good. I made a flight  from Darrington-Tillamook-Starks. All went well until I arrived at Starks, the runway and taxiways and static planes were there, but there were no buildings or fuel stand. I went to switch the time of day and came back to a black screen but the sound was still going, so I had to ESC. out of the sim! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!! ??? Is it possible this could be Acceleration causing these issues?

Im gonna use this thread. I have had this error before too, but i uninstalled one unstable addon, and it went away (i noticed in event viewer that the addons .dll crashed seconds before the g3d.dll crash) Then everything was good for sometime, but now its back. before i did have 4.0ghz clock, which i noticed unstable, giving texture errors in fsx. Now i had it turned down to 3.6 where i was before able to run prime for 18 hours, and ran again overnight for 9 hours without problems. Now, i was doing short flying around darrington and the nice river near it, but suddenly crashed with the same error. Wierd thing is, that i read this error is problem with too high settings, but i have all my setting turned down a bit from earlier crashes, and it still happens!

here's the error log:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb58Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000ba79fFaulting process id: 0xf30Faulting application start time: 0x01caccfc0c35cb97Faulting application path: D:\pelit 7\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: D:\pelit 7\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\g3d.dll

So i have allready tuned my overclock down a bit from earlier, it is stable overclock now, and fsx settings are also tuned a bit down. I can't figure it out, and there is kinda low amount of info about this in teh internetz. Any helpful advice?

Archived