Finding my post's

eray9s

I have made posts from time to time and always have trouble locating what forum or how to find my posting.  The post I am creating right now, I have no idea what forum it will be posted in. This is part of my problem - how do I find my post when I  re-enter your site a day or so later?

Please e-mail me your reply - eray9s@sbcglobal.net

Guest J van E

I have made posts from time to time and always have trouble locating what forum or how to find my posting.  The post I am creating right now, I have no idea what forum it will be posted in. This is part of my problem - how do I find my post when I  re-enter your site a day or so later?

Please e-mail me your reply - eray9s@sbcglobal.net

A new post will always be posted in the subforum you are in. This post of yours was posted in the Orbx FTX Freeware Support Forum (which is the wrong forum for a post like this, really ;D ), which means you clicked on New topic while you were in the Orbx FTX Freeware Support Forum. If you want to post something in (for instance) the General discussion forum, first go there and then click on New topic.

Apart from Wolter's tip, there are other ways to get around here: I personally always use the quick links you see at the top left of each page:

Show unread posts since last visit.

Show new replies to your posts.

I don't think they need an explanation. My favorite of this forum is linked to that first option (unread posts since last visit): this way I won't miss a post.

Another tip: when you are on an index page of a subforum or on that unread posts page, you see those little paper icons at the left of each topic: the topics you have posted in (no matter when) have a little face on that paper: that's another nice way to keep track of topics you posted in, even if you did so a long time ago.

P.S. I e-mailed eray9s a link to this topic. ;)

EDIT:

Another tip: when you are at the page with unread posts sicne your last visit, you will see an orange label saying NEW behind the topic titles (you will also see that on subforums when there is a new post): when you click on that little orange icon, you will be directed directly to the first new post instead of to the opening post. This can be very convenient when a topic has several pages.

EDIT 2:

Now wouldn't it be very funny if this topic would be moved by the mods to a more appropriate forum...? ;D

I really feel almost stupid but I first want to thank J van E for reply but still having problems finding my way around. As you know my origional post was posted to wrong forum "FREEWARE SUPPORT FORUM.  I have for last 3o minutes been trying to follow procedure and locate the GENERAL Discussion Forum but I cannot find that heading listed so how do I follow correct procedure?  From page I am on GENERAL DISCUSSION forum is listed no where so from here how do I locate the GENERAL formu?  Top oF MY PAGE SHOWS HOME, HELP, RULES, SEARCCH, PROFILE AND OTHERS but no GENERAL dISCUSSION.

iN ABSENCE OF HEADING i TRIED home  AND ONLY 3 TOPICS SHOW--ftx PAYWARE SUPPORT, fTX cOMPATIBILITY FORUM PLUS fREEWARE SUPPORT FORUM  AGAIN WITH NO MENTION OFGENERAL DISCUSSION.

yOU CAN i AM SURE UNDERSTAND MY CONFUSION  Please reply  with explanation as to how do I find  The heading "general Forum and while at explaning where and how do I find Sublisting you made reference to in your origionl reply to my posting.

50250, 55459 and freeware

Eray9s

Guest J van E

I really feel almost stupid but I first want to thank J van E for reply but still having problems finding my way around. As you know my origional post was posted to wrong forum "FREEWARE SUPPORT FORUM.  I have for last 3o minutes been trying to follow procedure and locate the GENERAL Discussion Forum but I cannot find that heading listed so how do I follow correct procedure?  From page I am on GENERAL DISCUSSION forum is listed no where so from here how do I locate the GENERAL formu?  Top oF MY PAGE SHOWS HOME, HELP, RULES, SEARCCH, PROFILE AND OTHERS but no GENERAL dISCUSSION.

iN ABSENCE OF HEADING i TRIED home  AND ONLY 3 TOPICS SHOW--ftx PAYWARE SUPPORT, fTX cOMPATIBILITY FORUM PLUS fREEWARE SUPPORT FORUM  AGAIN WITH NO MENTION OFGENERAL DISCUSSION.

yOU CAN i AM SURE UNDERSTAND MY CONFUSION  Please reply  with explanation as to how do I find  The heading "general Forum and while at explaning where and how do I find Sublisting you made reference to in your origionl reply to my posting.

50250, 55459 and freeware

Eray9s

If you press Home and really ONLY see those three forums (not topics) you mentioned (-ftx PAYWARE SUPPORT, fTX cOMPATIBILITY FORUM PLUS fREEWARE SUPPORT FORUM) than you possibly and accidently might have clicked on the little button you see in this screenshot (I made a red circle around it): with that button you can open and close a part of this forum (the main forum is divided into three parts: 'Public', 'Orbx Support Forums' and 'International FTX Customer Forums'):

Posted Image

If this is indeed what you see, click on that little button again and you should see this (all subforums in the Public forum will be accessible):

[img width=817 height=700]http://i39.tinypic.com/10f3n9v.jpg

And btw when you are in a topic (or anywhere else on this forum, even when you are typing a post!) and you feel lost and don't know where you are, you can always see where you actually are here (I made a red rectangle around it): it's the 'path' to your current page!

[img width=817 height=700]http://i39.tinypic.com/r5g.jpg

This is a screenshot of this topic: as you can see (starting at the end of the line and going backwards) you are in the topic 'Finding my post's', which is in 'Orbx FTX Freeware Support Forum' which is in 'Orbx Support Forums' which is in 'FTX (Full Terrain Experience) Community and Support Forums'. Those lines are all links, so you can click on them to easily get where you want to! (The names of the moderators are also there and clickable, but you don't need those usually.)

Hope this helps! (And I hope Uhu doesn't mind for er... augmenting his posts everytime. ;D )

And btw don't feel stupid or anything: when you are new to forums like this, it's easy to get lost: I am sure you aren't the only one who has trouble finding his way around a forum at first (and maybe this topic might help others who still get lost here everyday! :P )

Archived