TEGB Central Scenery not as expected - see examples, have I missed a step?

MoPilot

Hi All, 

So after installing TEGB Central, I flew around Manchester (my home city) to see how it looks. My early feeling is that I'm not sure the scenery has fully loaded or maybe there are missing files? 

Here's why...   The terrain/roads/buildings look pretty much the same as they did before with the exception of some things.  I've noticed Beetham Tower now appears. 

I have been looking at screenshots posted by people of areas around Manchester with some delight. However i'm not seeing any of the same scenery.  Take for example Salford Quays/MediaCityUK  this area looks superb in the screenshots posted by 'jaydor' here: 

Meanwhile I don't see anything of the sort when I fly over the same spot at the same altitude (2000ft) as he does. What i see can be seen in the screenshots attached. 

In the two screenshots you'll see both the Salford Quays/MediaCityUK area and the Old Trafford Football ground.  

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Have I missed a step in the installation?  

Cessna_172SP - 2019-11-03 13.37.59.jpg

Cessna_172SP - 2019-11-03 13.35.22.jpg

39 minutes ago, MoPilot said:

Some further info...

My XPlane is installed on C:\ meanwhile my Orbx library is on D:\ 

I can see in my custom scenery folder that some links have been created to  the library on D:\

Welcome to the Orbx forums. Please attach your XP Log and Scenery_packs.ini so i can look at them.

Also a pic of your XP graphics settings.

First of all your scenery pack looks OK. Need to check that you have the full install so I suggest you run the Verify Files for TEGB Central via the Orbx Central facility.

Looking at your XP settings you appear to be running more than one monitor and have very high settings except for AA where you have none. Your PC specs must be really high to run on those demanding settings !

It is the quality of your pic that stands out as the difference between your pic and jaydor. Yous looks a bit washed out and less vibrant. Try some AA and see if it makes any difference. Your settings are way beyond requirements by the way. The cPU is great and is responsible for the settings on the right hand side of XP settings options, and graphics on the left. Looking at your vram in Texture Quality setting, it is exceeding your GPU VRAM of 8GB. Texture Quality set to Maximum and AA set to one or two from the right will greatly improve the quality of your visuals.Regarding your Log file it is really odd in as much as it shows no info about scenery loading priority etc. Just a whole load of messages saying it already has that Object (??) I assume it is the Log from your XP Directory?

Well there are multiple differences in my screenshots and those of Jaydor. Firstly the buildings are almost precise in Jaydor's including the apartment blocks and the war museum. The likeness to the real thing is amazing in his screenshot. I know this because i work precisely there everyday and hence one of my interests of flying over it soon as I installed TEGB.  In my screenshots you can see the same buildings are not even there. They're totally absent and instead have other roughly similar sized and shaped buildings in their place. Seems a lot of autogen stuff in my screenshots. 

Next the crispness of the roads, water, waters edge, details in the buildings etc is very high in Jaydors screenshot. In mine it's more blurry.  I think just upping my settings isn't going to fix this. I feel actual scenery is missing somehow. 

Also i'm not seeing much photorealism in my flying around Manchester, and Blackpool. I've tried to visit the same sites as in the screenshots for TEGB Central so I can compare. In my visits to those same places i'm not seeing anything close to photorealism, but I am seeing alot of missing detail compared to the screenshots. Again I feel there's a lot of autogen stuff everywhere. 

I see what you mean but if you have all the complete download of TEGB Central then I can only think that the extra details showing in jaydor's pic are because it may have been taken using the Orbx EGCB airport addon which contains photoscenery, POIs , detailed autogen of Manchester city as well as Barton airport. This addon was released before the TEGB series. Details as per given in this link:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/egcb

Ok, I can certainly give that a try and report back.  However I suspect my issue is not the fact I don't have that nearby airport addon installed.  I've clearly got some lighting/brightness issue too. My screenshots clearly look a bit washed out and dull. They're certainly not vibrant and bright like Jaydor's or any of the screenshots on the Orbx site or TEGB central product page.  I need to figure out what i'm missing on that front too. Are there add on's for that?

Jon, You were right! After installing the Manchester City airpot (Barton) scenery pack i was able to get all the detailed and lovely scenery including buildings as seen in Jaydor's screenshots. Perfect!    

Now I wonder when other airports such as the Manchester International will be available from Orbx?  I know there's quite a few airports mostly regional ones already available. Do you know if there's a product roadmap somewhere which shows what's being worked upon and what's coming down the pipeline? 

9 hours ago, MoPilot said:

Jon, You were right! After installing the Manchester City airpot (Barton) scenery pack i was able to get all the detailed and lovely scenery including buildings as seen in Jaydor's screenshots. Perfect!    

Now I wonder when other airports such as the Manchester International will be available from Orbx?  I know there's quite a few airports mostly regional ones already available. Do you know if there's a product roadmap somewhere which shows what's being worked upon and what's coming down the pipeline? 

The Barton addon has an Overlay folder which covers the City. The roadmap moves a bit but here is a link to the post JV made at theend of last year. It does cover plans for P3D as well as XP

Archived