GB South - Keeps crashing while loading

David_

Hello,

I have used successfully Orbx scenery GB South (True Earth) for about one week.

But, all of a sudden, it stopped working.

Every time I set my start location at an airport within GB South, X Plane crashes while loading the flight.

The crash happens when at the bottom of the loading bar I read "Reading new scenery files".

I tried the following:

- remove all plugins

- remove all sceneries, except GB South

- delete all orbx files, and re-download and re-install: orbx GB South / Libraries / SAM

To note:

- if I remove orbx folders from "Custom Scenery" folder, X Plane works

- if I start a flight outside GB South, X Plane works

- no other scenery or plug in is installed

- I am not aware of why all of a sudden orbx  stopped working (I have not installed plugins, or updated anything)

- after full re-installation, I have tried "Verify Files" within Orbx. No errors found.

I am attaching:

- two logs with start points at two different airports within GB South. Both session crashed as described above

- one log starting from Scotland. It ran correctly (I have no custom scenery for Scotland)

- crash screenshot

Thank you

David

Log CRASH (start in Heathrow, GB South).txt Log CRASH (start in White Waltham, GB South).txt Log SUCCESS (start in Glasgow, Scotland).txt

Annotation 2019-11-02 151623.jpg

The logs are full of error reports. I can see nothing untoward regarding TEGB South. Initially I suggest you run the X-Plane installer (untick the Beta option if you don't wanta  beta version) It should run through your installation and replace any missing files. Try that and report back

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jon, yes I noticed the errors, but I didn't think they meant much given they've always been there since first installation and I've never had issues.

However, I eventually manually deleted and re-downloaded XPlane. Such a clean new installation solved the problem also with Orbx, now it works fine.

Thanks for your help

David

Archived